New members of the India forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the India forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in India if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi,
I am Anurag.
I am new in Hyderabad.
Want to explore more about this palce & peoples.
Love to hear from genuine friends.
All friends are welcome to my world.
Going to start a new life here.
Thanks

Hello!

My name is May and I'm from Lebanon. I recently got a position in an international school in Mumbai and I should be moving by beginning of summer with my husband and 5 years old daughter.
We are very excited for this adventure but extremely clueless about life there.
I hope this platform would help in explaining how life in Mumbai is and how we can prepare ourselves ahead of time in order to make this transition easier.
Looking forward to hear your experiences!

Thanks 😌

Information about  life in Mumbai for an Expat.

Petrol Price soar up high in Mumbai which cost around RS 107 per liter ( $1.50)  :lol:
Moderated by Djameel last year
Reason : No external links on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello, my name is Ren.

I've lived in India (Hyderabad and Mohali, Punjab)
For a little over two years now with my husband.
I am originally from the US.

Looking to branch out a bit since I've been crammed
Up into the home due to the pandemic.
I'm able to get my work permit soon and would also
Like to make some contacts.

Other than that just here to also meet some new people and hopefully make some new friends. Didn't know a site like this even existed until today.

Have a wonderful day/evening - Namaste

Welcome to expat forum :)

meganrortiz wrote:

Hello, my name is Ren.

I've lived in India (Hyderabad and Mohali, Punjab)
For a little over two years now with my husband.
I am originally from the US.

Looking to branch out a bit since I've been crammed
Up into the home due to the pandemic.
I'm able to get my work permit soon and would also
Like to make some contacts.

Other than that just here to also meet some new people and hopefully make some new friends. Didn't know a site like this even existed until today.

Have a wonderful day/evening - Namaste

Hello all

I've received an offer to move to Chennai for 2 years as expat and would like to connect with some expats living in Chennai or nearby cities.

I have so many questions about the city and its cost of living and I would appreciate to get connected with someone to shed some light to me.

My orientation trip is scheduled for April 25th to see the workplace / city / potential housing before accepting the offer and it would be great to get some upfront info prior to the trip.

Thanks
Luis

Hi May,

I am Swagatika from India. I have stayed in Mumbai for 4 years. Life in Mumbai is very busy, people work hard and there is a spirit of achievers in the people of Mumbai. I would suggest you take home close to your workplace, minimize travel as much as possible. There is a lot of traffic, people use the local train to avoid traffic but it's too crowded in-office time, you can try going by local train either afternoon or early morning or late night. The rainy season is sometimes tough as it rains a lot. You need to prepare well for the monsoon when you go out, you have to buy a big umbrella and carry it all the time. Also, you must start searching house if you are not providing accommodation as it might take time. You can try Maharashtrian food (It's a bit spicy). You will also easily get maid services to do all your housework if you want.
There are some great places to visit:
1. Sunset at Marine Drive
2. Bada Pav (An India go-to snack)
3. Colaba street/ Bandra Hill road for street shopping
4. Nearby hill stations at Lonavala after the monsoon gets over
5. Bandra Worli SeaLink
6. Aksa Beach

And I am sure you will find a dozen of wonderful experiences in India. The only need is to accept India that way it is and you will fall in love with it. Thank You.

Hi May,

I am Swagatika from India. I have stayed in Mumbai for 4 years. Life in Mumbai is very busy, people work hard and there is a spirit of achievers in the people of Mumbai. I would suggest you take home close to your workplace, minimize travel as much as possible. There is a lot of traffic, people use the local train to avoid traffic but it's too crowded in-office time, you can try going by local train either afternoon or early morning or late night. The rainy season is sometimes tough as it rains a lot. You need to prepare well for the monsoon when you go out, you have to buy a big umbrella and carry it all the time. Also, you must start searching house if you are not providing accommodation as it might take time. You can try Maharashtrian food (It's a bit spicy). You will also easily get maid services to do all your housework if you want.
There are some great places to visit:
1. Sunset at Marine Drive
2. Bada Pav (An India go-to snack)
3. Colaba street/ Bandra Hill road for street shopping
4. Nearby hill stations at Lonavala after the monsoon gets over
5. Bandra Worli SeaLink
6. Aksa Beach

And I am sure you will find a dozen of wonderful experiences in India. The only need is to accept India that way it is and you will fall in love with it. Thank You.

A new member here. I live in Nicaragua where I came for two weeks before traveling to India ten years ago, then never left. I love it here and have established deep roots. Unfortunately the political crisis has become intolerable and it is time to go. 

My first trip to India was in 1972 and left a deep impression that after career, family and retirement I am ready to experience again. My first trip will be for two months and after securing my life here hope to live most of each year in India. As it is my 10 year visa expired without ever using it.

I plan to use AirBnB for the first trip to find my way around without dealing with the logistics of renting and not spending my time in hotels. My dream is a small quiet fishing town on the coast as I have lived in my entire adult life. 

Hi There I am not sure if they still issue a 10 year visa  anymore

@renereddy They do but it would require a week's travel across two other countries to get, so a 5 year visa acquired online is fine.

ok thank you 

Thanks @Julien

Hi guys

My name is Sameer… I currently live in Vienna Virginia, a suburb of Washington and I'm planning to move to Pune in the fall. I was born in Pune but grew up in Mumbai before coming to the states 32 years ago. Although I am familiar with the culture and speak the local language it is still going to be a big change for me. Any tips and advice you guys may have  that would be great… Things I should do before I move and after… eg what should I make sure I carry from here, tips on renting an apartment, places to watch American sports etc (Iam a  huge fan of the NFL)
@Julien

hi, I've just joined the forum.  Looking to move to Goa to retire in September.  Would like to find a small house/cottage to rent where I could potter in the garden and grow stuff.  Nice to be short walk to beach and market shopping area.  Don't mind location.  Plan to start off in Panjim for a couple of weeks, or longer, to explore and see what I can find.  May consider renting in Panjim or another town but equally a more rural location would be fine.

I don't have a big budget, just my pension but enough to live on quite comfortably.  Certainly nothing to buy anywhere or make investments.
I'd stay as long as I could but understand at the moment the visa is a max of 6 months then leave for 3 before returning.  If I got a place to live I guess I'd have to pay to cover the 3 months away.

If anyone has ideas about the visa and staying longer it would be helpful.

I've travelled and lived overseas quite a bit though this would be my first trip completely alone and without support infrastructure that comes with working.  I'm adaptable and would not be phased by what I'd find there after living in places like Ethiopia, Cairo and Hong Kong, also visited Sri Lanka though never India.  I don't have high expectations of lavish lifestyle - just to live simply, chill and enjoy relaxing.

I may look to get involved and use my skills somehow once I can there but no specific plans at moment.

@renereddy Looked recently and it seems they do but maximum stay is still 6 moths, longer visas just allow for multiple entries within the time of visa without further visa.

Hi All,

My name is Quentin. After 4 years living in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, I moved to Kolkata beginning of April for a project on Vidyasagar Setu for +/- 2 years.

I don't know anything about the city so I'm in for all recommendations you could have about accommodations (near by the bridge) and if you're in for a drink, sport session (badminton, running, soccer), or music (I play saxophone, trumpet and a bit of guitar) : let me know :)

See you around :)
@Julien

Hi Julien,

I wanted to put my intro on this page but I cannot see a specific tab, just start new topic?

This is my intro in any case, how to place?

Hello All,
I hope to be in Calcutta around September 2022, currently in UK.
Interested in health, history, science, philosophy, food, art, music and current affairs (everything, really).
Looking forward to making connections with 'characterful' people for interesting exchanges of ideas, contacts and positive aspirations.
If you would like a chat, or are interested in exploring new ideas including business ideas, literature etcetera, hit me up.
Hi,
I am Tushar Mulchandani
I am new to Jaipur.
Want to explore more about this place & people.
All my friends are welcome to my world.
Going to start a new life here.
Thanks.

@Julien I'm Suarabh Rajavanshi, an Indian Origin from US (Bowling Green, Kentucky). I'll be soon going to Pune, India for the very first time with family with a 2 year contract with an automobile company.  Wish to know which is the best location to live in Pune for expats for easy and good accessibility to schools for my kids and conveniency of life. Cheers!

I've heard that I could probably take a service apartment on rent in Pune, India.  Can anyone help with suggestions? I am looking at staying in India for 2 years with my family.

I am 29yr old Female, from Poland but  live in Liverpool UK now , I need a genuine relationship that can prompt marriage and a man who will love me to such an extent. and you? are you on FB

Hello all,

My name is Jerry. I am a 58 year old man from the US that has moved permanently to Goa. I've been here since March of this year and would love to meet others in the Paniji or surrounding area. I'm pretty settled in, and would like to start expanding my social circle and get to know people!

Thanks!
Hi everyone, I am Kensei Nozu, Japanese. I have started living in Kolkata since 18th July.
Before coming to India, I had stayed in China for >10years.
Hope to communicate with many friends and make my life in this new land :-)

Thanks.

Hi everyone, I am Anandi Kad. I'm planning to shift to India.

Hope to communicate with many friends and make my life in this new land :-)

Thanks.

Hi All,

Am Christine from India been living in Dubai for many years and have just relocated back to my home town Delhi. Dubai as everyone would know spoils you completely and now that we are back to the grind find it a bit hard.

Do look forward to meeting and chatting with some new people back here.

Christine

Hello Anadi kad and bevzoneuae,

Welcome to expat.com!

Feel free to create to  new discussions on the India forum in case you have any questions.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello!

My name is dev and I'm from India

Hello devsgdm,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Kindly please tell us how we can assist you.

Feel free to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hii

I'm a New user

nice to meet to you all

Hello passiongandu,

Welcome to expat.com!

Since this thread is for the introduction of new members, could you kindly tell us a bit more about yourself?

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1012839

Thanks!

Closed