New members of the China forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the China forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in China if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi !
Happy to join the expat community!
We will be moving with our three kids (10,7,2...+ one dog/cat!) to Hangzhou in China this summer 2022. We have never been in China yet and are pretty impatient to discover its culture, language and the whole expat life. I am from France, my wife is frome Slowakia and we leave in Germany!

No plan yet regarding the location of the accommodation, the selection of the school (Basis, HIS, Wellington...?).  I would be very happy to get in touch with people who have or have had experiences in Hangzhou. Feel free to contact me!

Wish you all the best and look forward to reading you soon!
Martial

Ni hao, I'm Steve. About to move to  Shenzhen to teach in a bilingual school in August. It will be my first time in China. I will be looking for accommodation soon and just setting as much up as possible before I start my adventure.

Hello Martial and Steve,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Since you will both be looking for accommodation soon, I would advise to drop a free advert here: Housing in China.

Please consider asking any question you may have by creating a topic per subject on the China forum so that members may help you out.

Good luck!

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hello Martial and Steve,

Since you are both new in China you may not be aware that Chinese cities are very widespread and the greater cities often cover an area the size of a county or province. As such, it would be helpful if you can specify which district or neighborhood you are looking for accommodation in regarding accommodation.

It is possible that your school or company may put you in contact with some real estate agents, but you could also start by looking at renting accommodation near your place of work. This would make it easier to get to know the city without having to travel too far every day. For instance, if your school is somewhere in Nanshan district, you might want to look for accommodation in Shekou, Baishizhou, or OCT depending on budget and preference. Unfortunately I don't know much about Hangzhou, having never lived there.

I hope this helps with your search for accommodation anyway and good luck.

Afternoon!!

One doubt, I'm writting from Spain that's why  maybe I don't have the last info about quarentine, but I read that apart of the two weeks in a hotel, there is another week of "auto isolation", I don't know what they consider about auto isolation.

Hello Julien,

Greetings! My name is Srini and my wife is Renuka. We just moved to Shanghai from San Jose, California. This is our first move in 35 years!! I am a Designer and Design Educator and my LinkedIn profile is www.linkedin.com/in/Srini256. I am here on a 3-year assignment to work on a new project. Would love to connect with like-minded people and learn.

looking forward,
Cheers
Srini

Hello Diksha,

My name is Srini and we have just moved to Shanghai from San Jose, California. Happy to connect with you.

looking forward to connecting
Srini

Hi

My company has asked me to take a 6 months assignment in Shanghai.  Early days but I am beginning my research and grateful to be part of this group.
Thanks
Amanda

Hi all,

I am expat working in china for a year or so. Looking to connect with other expats too and share experiences etc...
Take care!
Skyy

Good day to everyone; I am Christos. Nice to be a member of your beautiful and valuable community. Feel free to connect with me. Thank you

Hello, my name is Ai Fen. I am from China but presently in Malaga, Spain working as a Doctor. Will be coming back home next month. I just want to make new friends before friends before I get back home.

Regards

Hello All, my name is Rob. I live in Germany and am scheduled to fly to Shanghai on 10 May 2022. I will relocate to China for 18 months on a work assignment. I am pleased to join your group and am looking for anyone who is willing to share information regarding their quarantine experience. I understand that the regulations are/were 2+1 weeks, but now flights are being re-directed to cities other than Shanghai.  Can anyone share their experience? Thanks in advance..

@Martialexpat 

Hi, I live in Düsseldorf, Germany and am scheduled to fly to Shanghai on 10.5.22.  We can exchange info regarding preparation details etc if you wish? - Rob

Hello guys, this is Zaza, i've been living in China for 8 years and currently living with my family in Yiwu, Zhejiang.I'm looking for friends who speak english, we can meet, have good times and have my 6 years old son improve his english.

HI

I am Chinese and now live in Hangzhou. My name is Annie~
I love dancing and playing games in my daily life, and I work for a game company.
It is my pleasure to be new here, if you guys have any questions about Hangzhou or others, feel free to contact me, I'd like to give you a hand as I can!
if you like dancing or games, that will be awesome! We can create a group about games!

1f601.svg

@vasqueszanna Hi Anna, sorry for the late reply. Have you made it back to China. I am currently in Dalian. Nice to meet you.

hi all, i am a newbie to Shanghai too, just finished my quarantine, working in private healthcare sector here is [link moderated]. if anyone needs any help regarding wellbeing in China feel free to get in touch
@A-Doc

Thank you for the insight, will keep the lockdowns in mind.

Ro.
may end after end of May, bless you guys all.
Hi, I am retired and plan to visit Guangzhou this Fall. Wish to find private heated pool for lap swimming as exercise. Do you have any recommendation?
Hi all,

I am planning to go back home to the UK on 30th June 2022 for two weeks. My work visa is expiring on 18th August 2022.  Do you think I will be able to make it back to China before my visa expires and have time to apply for a new work visa considering the fact that I have to quarantine?
hey all~

I'm new in Xiamen~

Anyone's in Xiamen? :)
Hi,

I'm Joseph...just moved to Taizhou (Jiangsu). Been in China going on 10yrs. Think I've been through every rodeo show (sometimes horror show) this country has to offer short of jail/prison or marriage/divorce. I just started teaching at a high school (1st experience with high school kids...taught every other age group short of pre-K).

@RobM1 Have you been able to make it back to China?

@Martialexpat Have you been able to enter China? Can you share your experience?

HI!

I am Arlyn. Currently living in Southern California. My family and I are hoping to relocate to Shanghai (Pudong) early August 2022. We are still in the process of getting our visas. We will need to find an apartment, open a bank account, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Hello Anyone moving to or currently living in Dalian?  I am soon moving to Dalian and would love to know about this city.

@sushupti92 Hi. I am currently living in Dalian. Feel free to send your questions here, or at [link moderated]. Welcome aboard!

@A-Doc Hi!! If you are available on wechat, I would love to talk about dalian there. Can you send me a private message here?

@sushupti92 Sure! I'm just not sure how to send a private message. Let me try,

Hello all!

I am excited to introduce myself, my English name is Eva, I am a Chinese citizen who has been working in foreign expats affair industry for more than 4 years. I am happy to share my working experience in Beijing that is helping foreign expats with job seeking.
I also dealt with consulting for the work permit in china.

welcome to get in touch with me.
have a good day !

@Julien Hi, my name is Nader Asnafi and I come from Sweden. I came to China a month ago and work at Zhejiang Chuangge Technology Co. Ltd. in Zhuji (close to Hangzhou). It would be nice to take a cup of coffee at a café with any other member of this community. All the best / Nader

I lived in Shanghai from 1998-2004, moved back to the US for school and work, have spent the last 5 years in Asia with my family, and am moving back to Shanghai in August.

My kids will be going to SAS in Puxi, and my most immediate concerns will be getting a home near school, finding a competitive soccer club for my 11 year old son, and finding horseback riding and tennis lessons for my daughter.
Hi @JUANBCN76

The quarantine period depends on province and city.  Search on Safari Moore Advisory, to find out more.
@Julien
Hi , My name is Mattias and I live with my family in Nanjing since last year. this is our third time in China and we have lived here totally more than 6 years.
Hello there, My name is Tim. I'm not an expat to be exact. I had lived in Australia for over 20 years since my teen years and it's my fourth year here in Changsha. I came across your community today and joined up straightway. I'm curious about the expats in China because I used to be an expat myself in Australia and I know the differences between China and the west or just the outside world in general, are so... I miss those years in AU. I wish ya'll the best of luck in your China experience. Peace.
Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f609.svg

Thanks to all of you for the intro.

You can find out information and useful tips about relocating to China by reading the Living in China guide.

Should you have any specific topic you would like to discuss with other members, feel free to create a new thread on the China forum. 1f603.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@Stevepearce00

Hi,

I'm dennis, native Hong Hong and currently live in Shenzhen, being Real Estate Agent for over 20 years, i can provide you all kinds of information about living in China, just let me know what kind of information you need!

Regards,
Dennis
Hi I'm David from Tasmania Australia. I lived in China for many years and my daughter is the District Manager of Sanming City in Fujian Province. My granddaughter attends primary school in Shunchang Fujian Province. I'm an affiliate marketer and I also own a variety store in Batangas Philippines called The Redwire Store. I created and funded this business across boarder from Australia. I AM keen  to move back to Fujian China and continue working online in affiliate marketing and ecommerce while living in Fujian Province.

David Harrison
Leona Jade Redwire Stores Variety
[Moderated]
Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Closed