Advice needed

My daughter has lived in China for 6 years in and around Wuxi, every time I need to send her something from home I hit problems, her driving licence over here had expired, no problem ordered a new one, she wants to apply to drive over there but needs her U.K. driving licence to validate her, no problem I'll send it…. Problem is trying to send it legally as most couriers won't allow personal ID ie driving licence. Please I need help to resolve this for her, any ideas? H

hs_sasha wrote:

My daughter has lived in China for 6 years in and around Wuxi, every time I need to send her something from home I hit problems, her driving licence over here had expired, no problem ordered a new one, she wants to apply to drive over there but needs her U.K. driving licence to validate her, no problem I'll send it…. Problem is trying to send it legally as most couriers won't allow personal ID ie driving licence. Please I need help to resolve this for her, any ideas? H

Hi,
I am moving to Wuxi for work at the end of July and as it is something as little as a driving licence then I don't mind taking it with me. I will have to quarantine though so she wouldn't get it until the end of August, but I am happy to help.
Thanks,
James

She did take it with her, unfortunately she didn't manage back to renew it in time due to COVID restrictions, she can't come home and we can't visit. She wasn't bothering about driving before as the public transport over there is fantastic, but she's changing employment and unfortunately there is no subway near it, plus she's met a new guy who lives in Jiangyin while she's moving back to Wuxi, it's change of circumstances that's prompted this

Just reread your message, duh me I'm so sorry lol it's been a stressful day in my defence lol that is a very kind offer, she's in Jiangyin until end of august start of September I think, starts at the new school sept, so that would work, I'll let her know and see what she thinks? Thank you again
Be warned if family sending you things that Chinese customs are very strict on a lot of things, particularly  meds, gifts over 1000 yuan ( around £100) sent her PlayStation and some games over a few years ago it caused so much bother and took 3 months to clear customs… anyway that's another story lol 😆

Not to worry... I am not great either at sending messages either on a Friday night.

Thanks for the heads up. I am hoping to ship my records over before I leave, so I guess it's best if I say that their value is <1000 Yuan to save the hassle. Everything else I plan on just chucking into a suitcase.

It sounds like your daughter is in the same line of work as me. Do you know what school she is going to be working at?

If you want me to take her driving licence with me let me know and I can dm you my address so you can send it here first.

Hi she taught in the Shane school in Wuxi, now in Jiangyin Shane school, but is changing employer in sept. If you want I'll put you in touch with her as she could probably advise you on a lot of things that she came across whether you take her licence or not lol she's not got back to me yet, it's a big thing to trust a stranger with important documents no matter how kind an offer it is, I'm sure you understand? She could probably help you with many things that you haven't yet thought of, she already did that for a few foreign teachers as her mandarin is good enough to iron out any language barriers, plus I'm sure having a go to person over there will make your transition easier, she absolutely embraces life over there and has no plans to return to the U.K. in the near future, I sincerely hope your experience is as good. Thanks again 😌