Shanghai OR Shenzhen

Hi,  I've been offered a teaching job in both cities:

Shanghai - great school, but accommodation provided is outside the city (Huacao Town, Minhang District).

Shenzhen - close to HK so its like you get two cities for the price of one.  I get to choose my own apartment. School not as good however.   I'm very torn between the two so any insight on the two great looking cities would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Dandoyle,

Welcome on board !

Are you moving alone or with your family ?

I hope members can provide some infos soon

All the best

Bhavna

both  cities are good .it depends your work and salary. if me ,select Shenzhen, it closed to HONG KONG and Guangzhou. welcome to China.

Shenzhen is better for my idea. the weather is good. closed to HONGKONG. there are lots of job chances in future.  Closed Guangzhou,  I am a Chinese teacher in Qingyuan ,Guangdong.  I am a Chinese.

@dandoyle

hello there,

I'm having a hard time finding a job in Shenzhen and would you please share some experiences with me on how to locate one?

please and thanks!!

@almondduong  why so hard to find a job in China for english teacher. there are lots of teaching job here. you may search the job employing post via wechat or online. good luck

@leaves2015

I taught in Shanghai for 14 years and left china in 2021.  Now you  need to have rock solid degree, diplomas, certificates, etc  many people were cheating the system so they clamped down on who gets in and they only take the most qualified with verifiable documents.  Finished are the days of qualifying with only an ESL certificate.

there are many jobs going to the most qualified.