Renting an apartment in Valencia

Hi everyone,

I will be moving to Valencia in the end of May because of work, and I am trying to figure out how to go about the accommodation. Is it possible to rent an apartment already from Germany, without going there at all? Or is it compulsory that we sign the contract in person?

I thought about renting an AirBnB first, but the agency which is helping me with the documentation, said that it is not possible to do the "empadronamiento" without at six months long lease contract.

Could you please help me out with your experience?

Thanks in advance,
Victor

Hi!
In my experience if you want a long term rental contract in Valencia you will need to show you have a work contract in Spain or you will have to pay 6 months rent in advance.

There is no exact answer to your question. Some town halls will hand out Padron documents like bus tickets whilst others may be strict. The same applies to landlord's and letting agents, it can be a case of how desperate they are to let a property. Airbnb and other holiday rental platforms will generally let properties to anyone who pays rent in advance.

Have you looked at Spotahome? https://bit.ly/spotahome-spain