Permanent visa requirement post Brexit

Hello,

My partner and I are UK nationals looking to move to Switzerland.

I have been trying to look up the visa requirements post Brexit but I am getting lots of conflicting information. Everywhere agreed that we will need both work and residency permits, but some websites say the rules are different for the UK whilst others say we are now a third country, same as every other non-EU country. I'm getting really confused trying to understand it all!

Has anyone made the move recently who can offer advice, or anyone know any differently? Or where to find better information? I've scoured both UK and Swiss government websites but it's only left me more confused.

TIA

I don't know what help I can be with my own background, but I used to live in Basel but I was not working there. So I asked if I could live there as I was in relationship with Swiss women, but this had nothing to do with the permit it was only about myself they granted me a B Permit but I had to prove different things, place to live, money in bank, employment, medical coverage. but I was not allowed to work on this permit only a C permit allows work, Work visa are difficult to get as my background was catering and in Basel labour was cheaper from France or Germany as it on the border than even employee Swiss people.
About the place to live you need permit to apply for place to live, I was lucky in my case I ended up sharing a place with a person I knew, till I got my own. But with your comments about partner you are in different situation to myself I was single person but each canton can be different also. This is only a little bit of detail I know. But if you have more questions I'll gladly answers from my own experience. I'm Scottish and I will say Basel is one the comfortable places I ever lived and would return in a heart beat. But all Switzerland appeared the same when I visited other places.

Hlkwd1 wrote:

Hello,

My partner and I are UK nationals looking to move to Switzerland.

I have been trying to look up the visa requirements post Brexit but I am getting lots of conflicting information. Everywhere agreed that we will need both work and residency permits, but some websites say the rules are different for the UK whilst others say we are now a third country, same as every other non-EU country. I'm getting really confused trying to understand it all!

Has anyone made the move recently who can offer advice, or anyone know any differently? Or where to find better information? I've scoured both UK and Swiss government websites but it's only left me more confused.

TIA

Try the Switzerland Guide located in Discover at the top of this page. May be some information there to assist you.

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately those pages haven't been updated since 2018 so don't provide much help!