Fiancee or Visitor Visa - again ???

I am new here from Cebu, can someone help me with my case please? I was rejected with my 90 days visitor visa for Switzerland midyear 2014 due to the following reasons: 1. justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided;
2. you have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence, for the duration of the
intended stay or for the return to the country of origin or residence, or for the transit to a third
country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such
means lawfully. 3. your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa could
not be ascertained.

I would like to apply again a 25 days visit visa this October 2015 to spend Christmas and New Year in Schweiz. Can someone help me please what to do with number 1 & 3? Besides I am no more working since August 01, 2015. How can I make all my documents more strong than my previous requirements submitted to the Swiss Embassy in Manila? How can I provide them an evidence that I will really comeback to my home country before my visa expiration? Is visitor visa will allow us also to marry in Switzerland? or Do I really have to get a fiance visa? Thank you and will appreciate any help and suggestions.

God Bless!
Bree

Hi every one im Melody from Manila ,i have bf from switzerland were almost 1 yr in relationship and he visited me here last july for almost 1 month.. Im planning to visit him aswell, and i need to get a tourist/visitor visa , so can someone help me or suggest what should ill bring or what should i say to Embassy ..coz i want to be prepared before i come there i mean in Embassy.. Well my bf well provide my ticket and home to stay just for 3 months coz its just a visit..pls give me some advice

Danke und einen schonen tag :)

Hi Melody,

Did you registered already to the external provider of the embassy - TLScontact? They will provide you the details to what docs you need to prepare because everything will depend to your current situation. The interview is very fine. I cannot give you the details because it will always depend to the interviewer what they will ask about you. You can also tell your borfriend to visit the nearest consulate in his place so he will be guided too what to do.

Good luck!
Bree

Hello Wildbree

First and foremost, what did you write as a reason for coming to Switzerland?

Second, the embassy wouldn't have a problem as long as you can justify as to what's the reason why you don't have a job since August of this year. Because, as an embassy personnel they just want to know the true intent of your visit to Switzerland. If you do not have a job at the moment, they will assume that the nature of your visit is to seek for employment and not just merely visiting your boyfriend which they want to avoid because of black work.

To be quite honest, 90 days is for them quite long for an initial visit.

TIP:
When you reapply just thoroughly explain why you don't have a job anymore, is that part of the plan of eventually settling down with him here in Switzerland? If so, it's good for them to know that.

Answering your questions based on what reasons of rejection the embassy gave you.

1. This only mean that they are not convinced you just want to merely visit your bf. This to them could mean that you want to stay for good in Switzerland when in fact you are only applying for a "tourist visa". So, just explain that you don't have any intentions of staying here illegally and that you just really want to spend time with your boyfriend and wants to get to know his family, friends and culture. Explain that for you it is important to know these things first before settling down and let them understand that even 90 days is not enough for all these things so you want to maximize the maximum days allowed as much as possible. You have to clearly write that the nature of your visit is to only get to know your bf more and all about him and that you will come back to the Philippines and take the next "legal" step when you found out you really want to settle down with him.

2. This only means that either you or your boyfriend has to show some sort of financial proof that either one of you can and will cover (financially) your stay in Switzerland. You mentioned that your bf will provide your accommodations and flight ticket. How about your everyday expenses? Bec that's also crucial to Swiss embassy. So, if you're covering your expenses aside from what your boyfriend will cover make sure you have documents backing it up for example your saving account records. Also you need travel insurance that's applicable in the Schengen area.

3. This sounds to me that your reserved itinerary is not a round-trip ticket. Swiss embassy need to see that you are in full honesty going back to the Philippines after your visit to Switzerland with supporting flight ticket back.

*Visitor Visa is not meant for marriage, hence you can't marry your bf while on tourist visa. Don't confuse Swiss embassy personnel, let alone yourself. Would you want to just visit your bf? Apply for a Tourist Visa. Would you want to marry him in Switzerland? Then apply a "Marriage Purpose Visa. *

Wildfire

Hello Wildfire,

Thank you so much for the detailed reply regarding my post for visit visa. The infos indeed helps a lot. Purely my intention of visiting Switzerland is to meet the family of my boyfriend and nothing more. After the journey, then will comeback to my home country. Your tips are really good, thumbs up to these. Well, this time we have decided to request for a maximum of 25 days to minimize the complication after have been rejected once. You are right, I guess I need to make a letter as statement about my work and how I get an earning monthly. I do not want to provide any proof from my bank because my boyfriend will be the one to shoulder my expenses. My only question is, will they accept my travel insurance which I have purchased locally? I purchased it in Cebu City and not so sure if they would prefer a travel insurance from Switzerland? A friend of mine who usually travel to Germany advised me to purchase another Health Insurance in Switzerland aside from the Travel Insurance I purchased in Cebu. Will this things can matter much with my application?  I'm not so sure of purchasing another travel insurance in Switzerland for it will just be another cost and much more cost .

Thank you for writing re my concern and I really appreciate your help.

Wildbree

Hello Wildbree

If you already have a travel insurance, check for the following; Is it valid within the Schengen area; Does your current insurance includes travel/health coverage to Switzerland; Does it correspond to the same dates with your travel. If all answers is "yes", then there's not a need to purchase another one. YES. All these things matter in visa application especially to Switzerland.

Wildfire

Hi Wildfire,

My Travel Insurance is from one of the Accredited Schengen Visa Travel Insurance Companies in the Philippines - Malayan Insurance Company, Inc. As I read in the policy, it both includes travel and health coverage. However, it's just written : Journey to Switzerland. I think this is what you mean. The coverage is at least EUR 30'000.-- / USD 50'000.-- / PHP 2.5M.

Thank you for the help,

Wildbree

Hello Wildbree

Switzerland is part of the Schengen area so if your current insurance says it is valid in the Schengen area, then it is valid in Switzerland. If it has the coverage amount of EURO 30'000.--/ USD 50'000.-- / PHP 2.5M. then no need to change it because it has all the criteria required by the embassy.

Wildfire

Hello Wildfire,

Yes you are right it is valid in All Schengen Area.I should not have to make all things complicated :) Will, good luck to me and hope everything will work this time. Thanks a lot, such a helpful info!

Wildbree

Hello Melody

Here is the link for all the documents you need to gather and all the requirements for applying a tourist visa to Switzerland.

- eda.admin.ch/content/dam/countries/countries-content/philippines/en/Checklist_VISIT_2013_11_en.pdf

Just copy and paste it to the address bar and you will be redirected to a PDF file.

Once you have completed all the needed documents and/or requirements, you have to request an appointment to apply for the said tourist visa through the TLS Contact Center. Please note that you will not be applying directly to the Swiss embassy, so it is very important to go to the TLS website and contact them if needed.

TLS website:
- tlscontact.com/ph2ch/login.php

TLS contact no:
(02) 737-4040

If you have questions and confusions, feel free to post it here.

Wildfire

Hello Wildbree

Goodluck! I hope this time it will work out fine.😊

Wildfire

Hi bree thanks for your advice ..i wonder if its okey if like ill go straight to embassy to ask what i need and my bf too.. Or they will
Not intertain me coz i dont have appointment to them..? Thanks

Hi Melody,

I strongly advice you not to go directly to the Embassy because they will not entertain you since you would like to apply for visitor visa. In your case (only if unemployed), these are the possible requirements they will ask from you:
For the no. 1, they will provide you with that once you already registered to TLScontact.

1.      Visa application form, original
Duly filled out, dated and signed by the applicant. The visa application form is accessible on the Forms page. The visa application form and Complementary page must be signed by both parents in case of the minor child.
2.      Two passport-sized pictures 3.5 cm x 4 cm
    Color photo on a white background
    Format 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
    Taken from the front; without obstruction
    Recent (less than 6 months old)

3.      Passport, original
Valid at least three months after the end of the planned stay in Switzerland or another Schengen Member State
      Passport, copy
Copy of the applicant's valid passport (Inside front cover containing holder's personal information and ALL the additional pages which contains visas and stamps valid and expired. Inside back cover containing Important reminders,signature and other passport information.)

4.      Old passport, copy
Photocopy of the old passports, including ALL the visas and stamps (personal data page, inner back page, and official entries)
5.      Insurance, copy
International travel insurance (May be purchased locally or in Switzerland; must have a coverage of at least EUR 30'000.-- / USD 50'000.-- / PHP 2.5M to cover expenses for personal accident, urgent medical treatment, urgent admission in a hospital or urgent repatriation on medical grounds; with coverage including ALL Schengen member states).
The validity period of the insurance coverage must be for the entire duration of the intended stay including entry and exit day of the Schengen area.
6.      Invitation letter visitors (from the host in Switzerland), original
Invitation letter from the host in Switzerland indicating:
- general information of the invited person (name, birth date, exact address, family relation)
- details of the host to be (name and exact address)
- confirmation of the invitation
- planned duration of stay guarantee of accommodation.
The invitation must be signed and handed in together with a clear copy of the host's valid passport/IS card and or residence permit in Switzerland (if applicable, inclusive of the copises of the pages with entry and exit stamps from the Philippines). For hosts working for an International Organization of Diplomatic Mission in Geneva or Berne: a clear copy of host's valid "carte de legitimation" and confirmation of employment signed by the International Organisation of Diplomatic Mission must be provided.

7.      Round-trip flight ticket reservation, copy
CONFIRMED reservation of the round-trip flight ticket. Remark: Please do not buy the ticket before the visa is issued. The Embassy or the visa center would not take any responsibility for any costs concerning the changing or invalidity of the ticket.

8.      Bank statement of the applicant covering the last six months (except credit card record), original
Bank statements showing cash flow of last 6 months, bank books (last 6 months)
.      Bank statement of the applicant covering the last six months (except credit card record), copy

9.      Passport of inviter in Switzerland, copy

10.      Residence permit of inviter in Switzerland, copy

11.      Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) and Re-entry permit, copy
For foreigner national who have a valid residence status in the Philippines and need a visa for Switzerland, a copy of the Alien Certification of Registration (ACR) and Re-entry permit

You may be asked by the Embassy of Switzerland in Manila to provide further documentary evidence.

All appointments for the submission of application files must be booked with the external service provider TLScontact via the following website  www.tlscontact.com/ph2ch/login.php  and it is necessary to make an appointment in advance..

If you have questions, please feel free to post it here so we can help you.

Wildbree

Hi wilbree
Just wanted to ask again about the TLScontact after i completed my requirements then i will register to them.I want to ask if they are the one who process my dcuments? And they will call me for an interview ? Thanks hope u have a great day