Marriage visa question

hello everyone! im a new bee here,,a filipina engaged to a swiss man and currently im on my marriage visa processing. . id like to ask if one can obtain marriage visa even if marriage preparation is not yet finished ?  thank u ;-)

Hi and welcome on board eurecka!

I don't think so but i hope other members can confirm.

Regards
Armand

thanks armand!

i hope someone can share about their marriage preparation experience .

good day! :)

hi, welcome to Expat.com!

If you're going to get married with your Swiss man in the Philippines that could take you a longer period to come to Switzerland (6-9 mos.)
I would suggest you marry your man in his country. You have to bare with all the pre-requisites needed. Obviously, you'll be confronted of this and that document and this takes time. But don't worry you'll get facilitated as long as you take with you all all your pertinent papers and Swiss are time-saving people. They are straight forward and understandable. You'll be guided.

By the way, is getting "Legal Capacity to Marry" on the part of your husband part of your marriage processing at the moment? If you don't mind, where do u wanna get married with your Swiss man?

Good Luck and extend your patience:)) Everything will go fine.

Adie

hello adie!:)

we are planning to get married there in zurich (bauma). Together we lodge the marriage visa at makati swiss embassy last sept.12, 2011 and submitted all the required documents. now last oct. 14, i received a confirmation that my papers were verified,legalized and sent to swiss authorities. My fiancee there in switzerland recieved a letter from FOM,requiring him some papers and one of those requirements is a certificate from standesamt (confirmation that we had started our marriage preparation). Problem now is that my papers which i submitted from makati embassy have not reached yet at bauma standesamt so they could not proceed with our marriage prep there. So my fiancee just submitted his papers and paid some fees in advance. Standesamt  then gave him the confirmation letter which he submitted along those other requirements to the swiss Authoriteies (FOM). At the moment we are just waiting for the news from FOM .

About legal capacity to marry? is that same with cenomar here at phils? or is that about if he could afford my stay there in switzerland? na co confuse ako adie hehehe

thanks for the reply :D

Best regards
ann

Hi Ann,
I bet you need to wait until the info from the FOM will confirm.

About the Legal Capacity to Marriage it's equivalent to CENOMAR(Certificate of No Marriage) in the Philippines.

Since you're getting married in Switzerland, I believe you don't need to wait for it either.
Kindly check the link below, this will help you.

eda.admin.ch/etc/medialib/downloads/edactr/phl.Par.0046.File.tmp/Merkblatt%20Heirat%20CH%20ENG.pdf

good luck---Adie

hi adie!
just received my visa now.. it has started already last dec. 3 ,, hopefully after new year ill be there :D

OK MAAYO ANN:)) KEEP IN TOUCH.

GOOD LUCK.

best regards,
adie

helo...im filipina and i had already visited before switzerland as a tourist and now im back here in philippines to process my application for marriage.jsut want to ask yung guidlines yun lng ba ung requirements to submit sa embassy? tsaka po ung taking up residency for getting married  or long stay visa d.nag sign or inaplyan nu rin po ba un or its enaugh na ung marriage in switzeralnd.and also anu ung mga gnwa at sinubmit ng fiancee nu dto s switzerland?hope u could help me and gve advce thanks godbless..

hello maureen, welcome to Expat.com!
kato ila guidelines ok nato. kato ra amo gisunod. about visa d , kinahanglan japon na nimo kuhaon , kay katong akoa wala na g ask kung gusto nako or dili,, murag kauban nana xa anang marriage preparation jud. yung fiancee mo naman who is in switzerland , sendan rana xa ug requirements sa FOM which in given time mahuman jud nya. I think basics  lang man toa. like pila na xa ka year nagwork dana na company, kontrata, tax declaration man cguro to.. ug uban pa. girl its very easy on your part since naka adto naka ddto. anytime puede naka apply sa makati.. on mine, it took me 2 mos actually sa pagkuha sa visa.. hapit japon xa 3 mos kay dugay m gpahibalo na ok na amo visa d i... 

goodluck girl!!!:)

helo..thansk kaau sa info..na confuse man gud ku ky katong guidelines diba sa ubos naa kabutang kung apply ba sa residency beofre getting married db?like mag fil up pa tong visa d form..ikaw nag fill up ka pa ato?sa interview unsa ilang gipangutana?og dili nmn pwede mag pa appointment db?hayy mao lage mangita pa ku kinsa mag translate sa police clearance ani...nangutana pud cla pila sweldo?mga ing ana sa fiancee nimu?  tpos katong sa visa d form nakasulat pud didto plia ka bulan plan na mag stay ana...plia ka months hatag sa imu na visa tpos dpat pakasal na mu?.....thanks kaau ah.....

In English please maureen_092 and eurecka!;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.

Hello guys! I am also filipina new here. I just got married lastmonth with my swiss husband and moving to switzerland soon. Its nice to meet all of u here.

hello kababayans welcome to switzerlnad gene's here im living in switzerland about 9 months..i am currently in st.gallen..
feel free to message me..

Hello everyone,

I am a filipina residing here in the philippines. I will be processing my fiance visa next week. I have been to switzerland many times before as a tourist. i have several questions though:

1. Aside from the requirements that was stated in the swiss embassy website (which i have it all), do they need or ask for another documents?

2. I will also be applying for the residency in switzerland, but im not sure how to fill up the Visa D application form. Theres a question about:

2A. Visa entry: should i check multiple entry or single entry?
2B. duration of stay: since i will be taking up residence there, should i answer 2 years or three or infinite? i dont really know what to fill on ths questions. hope somebody can help me.

3. While the fiance visa is being processed, are you allowed to travel abroad? (planning to go to the US for the thanksgiving holiday).

thank you.

Blanche

Hi  everyone

Im from gensan philippines  I was planning to get married on jan.6 ,2012 with my swiss mman..i was thinking how long it takes to apply visa just to go with him in switzerland if we get married here first in phils.,,coz hes the one decided to marry me here first in phils?? Hope u can share to me something..

Genalyn boesch wrote:

Hello guys! I am also filipina new here. I just got married lastmonth with my swiss husband and moving to switzerland soon. Its nice to meet all of u here.

Hi po gud day...can i ask how long you wait your visa  i thhink we have the same situaton

Genalyn boesch wrote:

Hi po gud day...can i ask how long you wait your visa  i thhink we have the same situaton

hello...! im julie baribar.i live in philippines. im engage now to swiss man..also i already visit to switzerland before for 2 months..me and my fiance we have plan to get married here in philippines..actually this is my first time,thats why i dont know how to prepared everything for my papers..can you help me....?

juliebaribar wrote:

hello...! im julie baribar.i live in philippines. im engage now to swiss man..also i already visit to switzerland before for 2 months..me and my fiance we have plan to get married here in philippines..actually this is my first time,thats why i dont know how to prepared everything for my papers..can you help me....?

Well, if you are married to a swiss national there in the Philippines then I guess you will have to apply for family regroupment visa to enter Switzerland.In my case,I had a fiancée visa then got married here in Switzerland.But I would also like to marry again my husband there in the Philippines. Anyway, good luck to you

blanchepinay wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am a filipina residing here in the philippines. I will be processing my fiance visa next week. I have been to switzerland many times before as a tourist. i have several questions though:

1. Aside from the requirements that was stated in the swiss embassy website (which i have it all), do they need or ask for another documents?

2. I will also be applying for the residency in switzerland, but im not sure how to fill up the Visa D application form. Theres a question about:

2A. Visa entry: should i check multiple entry or single entry?
2B. duration of stay: since i will be taking up residence there, should i answer 2 years or three or infinite? i dont really know what to fill on ths questions. hope somebody can help me.

3. While the fiance visa is being processed, are you allowed to travel abroad? (planning to go to the US for the thanksgiving holiday).

thank you.

Blanche

Yes, all the requirements stated there are all you need, they must be complete before you submit them.
If you are applying for fiancée visa then it is a visa to enter Switzerland and then decide to marry there,then if you are already married, you can stay in switzerland ,you will have residence permit(type B)which allows you to stay in switzerland and work but you have to renew it every year until a certain time when you can apply for swiss passport, that would take 5 years but it still depends on the canton where you would be living. I guess you can travel but you have to make sure that you can use the visa before it is due.

Hi gean sorry i just saw your message.... Really sorry if i did not check here i have no idea that u wrote me some message. Anyway to give u some info i hope its not to late. Was married in shanghai but n your case if your getting married in pinas its more convenient than in my case coz we have to do all ths translation in chinese. After you getting married make sure u do the Report of Marriage both swiss and phl. Embassy and at the same time u can apply a visa d permit that is temporary visa. It takes 2to 3 months but tell your hubby to keep follow up the papers coz mine i received it on time coz we did some follow up in swiss embassy direct in switzerland.another thing why u have to follow up because they cannot start the visa processing if both your marriage is not yet registered make sure its all done registered first. And take note: when i was in Pinas coz i pick up my visa there as we went for holiday i didnt know that they have this counselling program u have to obtain this first before flying to switzerland i was surprised about this too but they said its really important and requirement for assurance that we will not get trouble inn ph immigration as we are moving and residing in swistzerland. They will give you more details about this once you will receive your visa ,they will attach in your passport some information about it. This is just based on my experienced i hope it help.

Gena

Hi Sa Inyo Lahat...

I Am Cherry-Mae...

Ask Ko Lang Nag Engaged Kame Dito Sa Philippines... Taga Switzerland Din Po Boyfriend Ko... Tapos Plano Namin Mag Pakasal Dito Sa Philipinas..

Anu Po Ba Lahat Ng Mga Requirements Na Kailangan..????

Hintay Ko Po Responce Nyo....

Kailangan Ko Po Tulong

@Cherry-Mae -> Can you please write in english on this English speaking forum? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello! Well, Im from South America and will get married to a Swiss man. I had to apply for a type D visa (preparation for marriage) it allows me to stay in the country maximun 6 months. After we get married i will get Type B visa, wich allows me to work and live normally here. It took 3 months until i got my type D

hello have a nice day to all...i hope somebody else can help me here .. may bf po ako galing switzerland..nka punta na pu xia dito sa pinas.. at engage napo kaming dalawa last year... at gusto ng bf ko na pumunta aq sa swiss at doon po kami getting for marriage. din bumalik sa swiss ung bf ko. at hihintayin nia aq na mkapunta doon. tapos ung visa ina apply ko ay tourist visa... then i inquire in agency about tourist to stay.. they need my proof property and bnk statement..but i dont hv that..and many requirements.... tapos ung bf ko ay matagal na xia nghihintay sa akin..kasi unang process ko po ay ung passport ko po bago visa..akala kasi ng bf ko ay ok lng ung tourist to easy to go...! ano po bang maaring visa ung kukunin ko ??? if fiancee madali po bang matapos ung process...at meron pa bang interview??? 

pls. sana my advise po kau sa akin..soon as possible i need help this...

have a nice day to all...tnx

Hi flowerred!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks
Armand

Hi! I got the very same concerns although I will start processing only after my 2nd visit to Switzerland. Yes, I have been there once for 85 days during my first visit and another 90 days was just recently granted. My fiance had a chance to visit for 1 month before and he is coming very soon again for his 2nd visit and like said, I got another VISITOR's SCHENGEN VISA so thankfully, we can travel together back to Switzerland.

After my 2nd visit, I have to double time processing a fiancee visa which leads me to TYPE D VISA if stay is more than 3 months.
IS IT THE CORRECT TYPE OF VISA?

PLEASE, ANYONE?

GUIDE ME AS WELL AS THE OTHERS AS TO HOW TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESSING.

Vielen dank!!!

Yes, type D visa is preparation for marriage. With that one you can stay here for 6 months. Usually, you will have to tramitt all the documents in your origen country and get visa there, but im sure your fiance can call inmigration and convince them to get you visa in switzerland if you are already here. Did you get all the documents ? Birth certificate, single letter and penal antecedents authenticated with apostilla and translated to german ( just penal antecedents). In my case i got it in 2 months !

oh thanks for the very quick reply. must be the POLICE CLEARANCE. Are you also a Filipina? For Filipinos, the requirements are simply: NSO issued Birth Certificate, Valid Passport, ID (assport size), Police Clearance which must be translated in "Deutsch", French or Italian and NBI Clearance. I saw this when I went there and we both consulted at the marriage section at the Swiss Embassy in Makati last year. However, we intend to get married Dec.this year if we can process it within 4 mos. when I return to Manila after my forthcoming 2nd visit. We are aware that it takes 4-6 mos. processing.

ALL I WANTED SO BAD IS AN INFO COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO HAVE DONE THE VERY SAME PROCESSING BEFORE AND A FILIPINA LIKE ME TOO.

I will be in Switzerland like 2 mos.from now.

Thanks!

Oh no, im from Venezuela, but its usually the same. As i told you we went to capita city in my country, took the pappers on 1st november and got visa  23rd of january ( type D visa)

Hi good evening im from mindanao too,i just want to ask if how is [large]life living here since im new here,its really appreciated if i can recieve feed back from you...have a good day...

best regard,ruth

i just posted something last week... why i dont see it anymore? i have important question:(

Hello mmccjj -> Here is your thtread : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=233450:)

[Sorry for the off topic]

Thank you,
Aurélie

Still not getting answers to my quiries:-(

Type D Visa - maximum 6 mos.only if marriage is to be officiated in Switzerland? (Filipina and a Swiss getting married in Switzerland)

What to choose, SINGLE OR MULTIPLE ENTRIES?

WHERE TO TRANSLATE IN "DEUTSCH" THE POLICE CLEARANCE?

PLEASE!!! All FILIPINAS WHO MARRIED A SWISS AND HAD GONE THROUGH THE MARRIAGE IN SWITZERLAND PROCESSING, PLEASE SHARE!!! Danke sehr!!!

Yes, you get type D only for 6 months, so you have to marry in that time. Visa multiple entrance. Check embassy of switzerland web site in your country and ask for an authorized translators list.

hey there everyone..my fiance and i are planning for me to visit him in switzerland, what kind of documents do i need to give to the embassy? and what must he do , does he need to write a invitation letter for me? please help. thank u

Hi all! I have a question and hoping someone can help me. 1. Would it help if I put just 2 weeks as a maximum stay so they won't suspect if I'll stay to work illegally? and follow up question is how long it is to process a marriage license in Switzerland? Thanks! :)

hi every one i'm new member here,Thank you to all,God bless you always everyone!

hi sis,bago lang po ako d2,musta po kau sis?god bless u always!