Moving to Australia, seeking ESL teaching work

Hello all, how are you guys?

My name's Rich.  I'm an attorney from New York in my thirties looking into moving to Australia.  My story is that my girlfriend is from Australia, and we have been talking about moving there. She is ready to go home, and I am not ready to go long distance or lose this relationship.  I have always been interested in language as a course of study, and I am at an advanced conservational level in Italian.

Anyway, I have struck upon the idea of getting the CELTA certification as an English teacher.  I hear it is the most marketable.  And was wondering if anyone had a sense for what the employment opportunities are in the Sydney area and Australia more generally for English teachers?  And whether or not it would be realistic to find a school willing to sponsor and/or pay for my visa–I realize this is likely a long shot but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Does anyone in the ESL field have any advice or insights they might offer me about this?

Thanks so much for taking the time to hear my story.

Look I don't think you will get a sponsor in this line of work as a teacher more in the trades I think regards sponsor..actually your girlfriend can sponsor you. but seriously you need to come here for holliday first and see if you like it..there is lots of info on google..maybe look for a gov related forum though..or some government information ..

I have a friend studying in Australia and she told me that every now and then the demand changes. She switched from studying for a business course to culinary because she saw an opportunity in there. Better check a gov't website or ask your girlfriend if she has an idea about the demand in Australia.