Quarantine in Saigon

Good morning Y'all. I am on day 5 of myself imposed lockdown.
Vn government thinks they did this to me but it was my choice to come.

Things that make me smile today:

Very happy that I prearranged a treadmill to rent and had it installed in my room prior to checking.
Playstation3 that was loaned to me, now learning games and zoomba
Food and beer
All the beautiful girls that are 30 meters below me, although I cannot actually see faces
Life
Reality that I will make it to the end thinner and in better shape

Other thoughts, some strange!

I miss telemarketers, now I have time to question them
To all those who wishes I made come true, referring to the ones who said I should be locked up, I am!
Singing, I now realize I don't know all the words to any song!
Solitary confinement, isn't this what I am experiencing?
Praying someone remembers to release me on day 14, but with holiday Who knows

Any way  wash your hands
I will be in this room 216 more hours

Good thinking on the treadmill. Who did you use? Do they offer cycling machines as well?

We also have a tread mill, a spin cycle, and two ab crunchers of our own.  It's much easier to jump on the machines several times a day to reach our fitness goal and clear our minds without leaving the apartment.

Hi
I don't know what's all available ask at your quarantine site. Plan at least a week ahead. I had to prepay

Looks like 21 days is the new quarantine. You could get another week tacked on to your sentence.

I pray not, you get less time for armed robbery. I am at the Holiday bikes are
Available as well as the treadmill, but prearrange

gobot wrote:

Looks like 21 days is the new quarantine.

That's what I initially thought as well, but after re-reading Directive 05 / CT-TTg issued by the PM on January 28, I realised that only the people who are somehow related to Hai Duong and Quang Ninh are being quarantined for 21 days on site plus 21 days at home if needed.

Yes so far in HCMC we still are at 14 but I am keeping my fingers crossed as all policies can change..

This is very serious. In all quarantine camps, there should be provisions for exercise. Exercise bikes, treadmills, etc. are a great idea and I doubt if they are widely implemented.

Going 14 days without exercise and sunlight is a serious health hazard.

Hooked, I am curious how you were able to come here. I thought tourists were banned. Did you fall into some exempt category?

Exercise: I always carry stretch bands they are an excellent daily
One door closes and another opens

What are stretch bands? Do they enable you to get your heartrate up to beneficial workout levels?

Google resistance bands and training

What type of visa did you obtain to be in Vietnam

devarj57 wrote:

What type of visa did you obtain to be in Vietnam

You didn't address your question to anyone in particular (via the "Quote" button).  You also didn't make your question more specific to your own circumstance/goal.  Because of that, whatever answer you'll receive would be the same as what you'll get from a quick Google search.

Only working visas (and investors, displomats...) are allowed.

Normally we (VN LADY WIFE & self)  live in Saigon.  We managed to get a GREAT deal on the purchase of a large, new, villa. :-) 
First moved back here to VN way back in January of 2012.  By May, was married - invested $$$$$$ in properties and business ventures. 
With a LOT of help from several 'contacts' managed to get all my paperwork sorted out - not going anywhere soon !  :-)
Ever since the problems started with this damned Chinese virus, we have been staying down in Ben Tre - at the plantation owned by my wife's family. 
It's nice and safe here - no problems with anyone now. 
Caught a 'dog-thief' here a long time ago - for a little while thought the Cong An were going to charge me with assault - or something. 
BUT - as everywhere else here in VN - - it's a case of not what you know, BUT who you know ! 
Once everything goes back to more or less normal, the 'BOSS' has informed me that because of my age, no more motorbikes or paragliding !!! ;-( 
And it's once again time to buy a  'coffin on four wheels' - -  -  BMW or another Merc.

Thought about taking a holiday and taking the 'BOSS' back to ISRAEL with me  - -  BUT, it's always too much trouble in that part of the world and far too dangerous for her !!!!

Hi there!

You may have mentioned this before but I missed it. Which company provided this service? I will contact them.

Cheers,

Travis Watson