New members of the Bahrain forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Bahrain forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Bahrain if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi There
My name is Jantira Namwong, from Thailand
I'm a female photographer
Moved to Bahrain for one year now but unfortunately after I moved in everything locked down so let say I know nothing about here and no friends
So! I'm looking for friends and connections to get to know lifestyle here and get along
Thank you.

Hi I'm Paul

My girlfriend and I are looking to move to bahrain next year.

She is coming over as a teacher and I will either be working from home for my UK company or will have to find work in bahrain.

I'm curious as we are not married, what visas are available to me (she gets on through her work) do I have to just get the 90 day visa? Assuming I don't work in bahrain, or what other options are available!

Hi everyone,

I came to Bahrain couple of months back. Since everyone in office is working from home,  and my project team is mostly in UAE, I haven't been really able to connect with anyone here. Also, COVID restrictions have kind of limited outdoor activities. Would love to connect and make new friends.

Hello everyone,

I would like to welcome all of you  :cheers:

Should you have any specific question, do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Bahrain forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl.

Hi, am Loga

I hope all is well on your end.

I have some quires about medical in Bahrain

I am Samuel

Hi, Jantira! I have been to Bahrain for almost three years now but most of my friends have left Bahrain either to go back home or pursue a career in a different country. Looking forward to also meet new friends. :)

Hai

I m rayan

Please help me regarding local transfer another company do I need pre- employment test?

Any one know where I support to get? How much it will cost?

Thanks
Wating for valuable comment👌👍

Hi everyone! Am Jonas from Cameroon. I am a licensed High School Physics and Mathematics teacher. I want to move to Bahrain. I have been to the United Arab Emirates, and to the Seychelles. I have taught for some  8 years in these countries.  Am back to my home country but want to move to Bahrain for a long stay. During my years abroad, I also taught English to Middle School Students. Still looking for job positions though. I also posses a college diploma in computer systems and have been working as a computer technician since I came back home. Am hoping to get help from this forum and also will be happy to meet expats community in Bahrain once I get there. See you soon

My name is jagdeep I'm from India and I need someone help so I can sent my resignation letter via registered mail post office accept card payment anyone who can suggest alternative way to transfer

Hi I'm American and I would like to connect and make new friends  here in Bahrain. Can we chat on other social media accounts.
*** you can send a message on what'sapp. I will be waiting

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

for what purpose?

Hi
I'm Ahmed hafez , here in manama used to work in new terminal as deployment manager.
But now I'm looking for job opportunities.

Thanks

Hi,
Been here for 2 mos now. Would you like to go for a walk or coffee? I'd like to meet new friends as well.

Hi All,

Where do you recommend for sight-seeing here? I've been here for 2 mos now.

i want to visit of  Bahrain next Month. whats your experience about bahrain.

Hey! do let me know if you are still looking for new friends. I would love to have some people here to hangout with and talk to.

Regards

thank you for giving your time to be part of this great platform

Thank you man

Helo sir, Now visa legal status showed employment visa is not valid. I asked that company, they are said some issues in our company registration so status showed like that. When will this issues clear and when I will get visa

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : For job search, please post in the jobs section

Hi All!

I moved to Bahrain 1 month ago after 15 years in UAE.  Hubby and I are still finding our ways around the city;  CPR no, vaccination process, job (I work in Consultancy- Healthcare)...etc
It would be nice to meet people of similar interests,

BR,
SP

African working in Financial Services who's just recently moved to Bahrain (2 months now).  Currently trying to sort out CPR, finalise school for kids so family can come over and, most importantly, acclimatize to the heat.....

Hi  :)

Hi
This is Ali, im also looking friends

Hi Angry
i'm working in Medical Field, kindly let me know how can we share things, ***

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Hello Julien

I am happy to share my experience in Bahrain with you, I am Mark from Canada and I live for work permit between Saudi in Bahrain...please contact me at  *** for discussion through and connect /
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
yours,
Mark

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago

Hello Ali
I am looking for friends too, may you join me?
Mark

Hi there ! This Tareq. 10 years i have been in Bahrain. If you wanna know anything you may contact me. Or if you are in need you are welcome. Don't feel hesitate to ask.

Good morning sir

Hope you are doing fine? Please I need ur advice as I will like to undergo a masters degree program in  chemical engineering in university of Bahrain

My questions are

(1) will you advice me to enroll for masters in chemical engineering in Bahrain or I should consider other countries

(2) what are my chances of getting a job in Bahrain after completion of my masters programme as I'm a Nigerian and I do not have a Bahraini citizenship.

Thank you very much sir.

Hi Mike and Carole here we are only visitors my wife has family here since 2003 with their own business now ,we came out here 19/5/21 for the birth of my wife's daughters baby only here a week Bahrain went into lockdown We are both in our seventies with health issues vaccinated and caught COVID here done our isolation but cannot work out the be aware app , it asks cpr expiry date ? .We would like to fill it in re vaccinated & isolation cert please advise thanks

Hi Tariq,

Thank you for the generous support and I hope you are keeping well.

I still find it hard to get my head around the effective recruitment approaches in town. After spending more than 15 years in UAE, I have embarked on my new journey to Bahrain 2 months ago. LinkedIn usually is the most professional and efficient way of learning about the possible openings which doesn't seem to be the case here in Bahrain. Any thoughts?

Another question, is a daily commuting form Bah to the Eastern Province region doable?

Thankfully,
AB

Hello  Tareq,
thank you for help
may I contact you by skype or whatsapp number?
looking forward to hearing from you.
BEST REGARDS,
Yours,
Mark
new in Bahrain

Hi everyone,

I'm an IT consultant from Belgium, male, 32 years old.

Everyone got into the habit of working remotely, and half of my teams are abroad anyway, so I decided to have a change of scenery.

I will be visiting Bahrain in September. And if I like the place, buy an apartment there and move in permanently.

Hi Mark. Good morning! Happy weekend . Hope you're doing well.  First of all I'm sorry for the late response.  I got busy last few weeks that's why I couldn't open my Web. I'm glad that you knocked me and will be happy to hear you.  And yes of course we can be connected to WhatsApp.  3349 7686 is my WhatsApp number.  Will be waiting to hear from you soon.
Tareq

Hi, I am Frank from Cameroon  . I have been in Bahrain for a month.
  I am a graduate with Bsc. In Banking and finance. For the past 6yrs I have been working as accountant in my country but I find it difficult to have a job in that domain.
Can someone guide me or willing to help for me to have a job in a similar field. Thanks

Hello Abdulwahab how are you?

Hi Everyone ,

i've recently just relocated here to Manama from Scotland . Im looking to get some information on Expat football leagues , Tennis clubs and how to join ?

if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Niall

Hey guys. UK expat here for more than 5 years. Currently looking to make some new friends as its just me and the wife at the moment. Looking to get out in the water as much as possible.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

Closed