Bahrain cost of living for family

Hi,

I am having 4+ IT Experience and got offer 950 BD pm.

My Employer is going to provide Family Visa for my wife also.

My Quires.

1.Is it good offer?

2.How much i can save after spending amount for decent life in Bahrain(home+daily needs+2 times outing).

3.My wife will get family Visa. But my wife also wants to work in Bahrain she had it experience also(is it possible to work with family visa or do we ask company for other visa).

Please kindly help me with my quires.

Regards,
-Naveen.

Hello there,

1. 950BD is not a lot of money in Bahrain. Yes, you can live on it easily, but whether you can save or not will depend on your lifestyle. Average 2 bedroom flat in Bahrain will cost you around 450BD in Juffair.
2. How much you can save again depends on how much you spend. If you are spending 40% of your money on rent, you will have to consider transportation as well. Renting a car will cost around 200BD a month. But your company may have some allowances you can use. In addition to your basic salary of 950 BD, you should get some allowances, such as accommodation allowance, transportation, flights to home once a year, medical insurance etc. Ensure you have asked these questions to your employer.
3. Your wife will not be able to work on the family visa - however if she's got a job offer, she can convert her visa.

Hi Brighton Guy,

Thanks for your answers/suggestions :).
In fact employer offered 1000/- BD PM including all allowances.
They said 80 BD will deduct if company provides Car, that only after obtaining Bahrain Driving Licence.
Employer offering me air ticket after completing  24 Months.
Employer said you will Get 2 BHK House at 150 BD PM in Manama.

I want to know how difficult or how much time will take to get job offer for my wife there. Because she will resign here and coming with me.

Please share your mobile number to ask some suggestion.

Thanks for you Help in advance and i really appreciate your suggestion.

Regards,
-Naveen.

Hey there,

Yes you can get a flat for 150BD as well, but it wouldn't be in a very nice place to live.  Regarding  your wife's job situation, it all depends on your wife's skills and experience, so it is hard to say it from now.

I am happy to answer your questions on the forum so that other forum users can benefit from our discussion, but I am afraid I can't share my phone number. Sorry about that.

Okay, Thanks :).
No problem for don't sharing mobile number.
Please finally suggest me will it good come to Bahrain with 1000 BD.
Eventually i need to save 550-600 BD per month. since it requires my family here in India.

Is it good offer for Software Engineer who has 4.2 Years Experience? If not I will ask more or don't come.

Thanks in Advance :)

G.Naveenkumar wrote:

Okay, Thanks :).
No problem for don't sharing mobile number.
Please finally suggest me will it good come to Bahrain with 1000 BD.
Eventually i need to save 550-600 BD per month. since it requires my family here in India.

Is it good offer for Software Engineer who has 4.2 Years Experience? If not I will ask more or don't come.

Thanks in Advance :)

Personally I don't think it is a good offer.  You will struggle to save and have to live in a poor area. Never accept first offer. Aim higher - more like 1500 and try for more benefits. Flight after 12 months, accommodation etc

Hello All,

I got the offer from Bahrain.
Company is offering me 800BHD/month basic and 200BHD/month accomodation and transport allowance.
I want to know what is the cost of living in Bahrain and how much I can save.
Please provide the breakup if u can.

This topic is covered all over the forum and also in the expat guide on the first page. Please read through these and you will get all the answers you need

Yeah I saw the post but not able to draw the conclusions.

So please provide me the details

hey thanks for the reply..

See in my offer letter it is mention that accommodation and transportation will be provided by the company.
In my salay 800BHD/month basic is mention. I want to know what will be the cost of food (vegetarian) and other outing expenses.

and i have 3.5 years of work exp in manufacturing company so whether this package is good?
and how much Can i expect to save?

waiting for your prompt reply...

Try to get slightly more - say BD950. Cost of buying food (if you shop carefully) can be very cheap. Lots of fruit and veg sellers on the streets and lots of markets to visit. With accommodation and transport paid for by your boss you should easily be able to save, even after mobile phone bills, shopping etc. I would say BD300 - 400 can be saved if you live carefully (if not more)

Thanks for the reply.... :)

Do u have any idea about the GARMCO company in Bahrain?

And what type of accommodation company provide to the employee such as sharing based or individual?

GARMCO is a respected company. However, any company-provided accommodation is just that ... company-provided accommodation! Meaning not top of the range 5-star type but normal, simple.

If you believe they will pay you an accommodation allowance, then you can your own place to live.

Food is cheap. Don't worry too much about it. Good luck.

yes they are providing accommodation and transportation allowance 216BHD/month.

so whether should i accept company accommodation or arrange myself.
And how much i can expect to save?

Are you a bachelor or will your family join you later?

Am a bachelor..

arjeet wrote:

Am a bachelor..

In that case you should be able to manage well with the accommodation and travel allowance.

but how much i can expect to save in this salary?
and whether this is the good salary?

How much you save will depend on your lifestyle and expenses. If you are careful you can save quite a bit.

As to whether the salary is good or not ... well I don't know. Depends on what your job and responsibilities are.

Best wishes.

I will be careful.. can u please give me some approximate figure?
that will be a great help
and many thanks for all the queries

arjeet wrote:

I will be careful.. can u please give me some approximate figure?
that will be a great help
and many thanks for all the queries

Can give you an approximate figure, if you let me know approximately how much you plan to spend  :lol:

Seriously, if you are careful you will be able to save at least half of your salary.

Ok many thanks..

Do you know anyone who is working in GARMCO?

Farhaz one more question

Is is necessary to rent a car in Bahrain?

can i buy bicycle  in Bahrain?
I dont want to invest too much as I saw that car rent is around 180-200BHD/month

Public transport is almost non-existent. Official taxis are expensive. Private taxis are reasonable but illegal.

Having a car will be helpful for you to get around.

Bicycles are not safe.

what will be the cost of having the car??

what will be the cost of renting the car? and what are the policies and formailities require?

You did not read any of those links we provided, did you?

If you did the answer to the car question is extensively covered.

ok will read once again..
thankss

Thanks for your understanding.

Your reading of previous posts will help us help more would-be-expats who have newer issues. Repeating topics already covered recently is very demotivating.

Good luck!

What is inducement married allowances ????

arkams76,

according to a friend it's a loan given for the purpose of Marriage, which he believes is not practiced in the mid east.

T&R
Arjun

Anything with the word "allowance" stuck at the end is in effect extra money an employer pays their staff. The recipient can do what ever he wants with it, regardless of what it is called.

I used to get something called a "Social Allowance" once upon a time. I did all kinds of anti-social stuff with it  :lol:

Thanx ..Arjun

But my offer letter says basic 360bhd and inducement married allowances 114bhd...
is it something to do with family visa to my wife n kid...is the company going to arrange for family visa ?????

arkams76,

As farhaz also stated above, its just an "allowance" you could do anything you want with it, i am not sure why the company has put it that way and NO it does not mean that the company will pay for family visa, kindly get it clarified it with your potential employer

T&R
Arjun

It appears the company pays an allowance to its married employees, which you qualify for (assuming you are married).

You could ask your company if they will get you a family visa. It appears they would, so worth asking.

Thanx ..farhaz ..I spoke to my recruiter ...they said company will give u family visa to wife n kid......thanx

Does anyone work for BAHRAIN AIRPORT SERVICES...AS AIRCRAFT DISPATCHER..???

Pls....anyone who knows anyone working with BAHRAIN AIRPORT SERVICES ....AIRCRAFT DISPATCHER????