Moving to NL from BE

Good day all
I am currently planning to move from Belgium to Netherlands. I wish to know if my wife and son who are currently in Belgium can also process their visa from here and what is the current timeline for same.
As per Belgian rules they can stay up to 3 months after I leave my job here.
Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

From the little you've told us, yes, they can.  You can find the information you're looking for on the Dutch Government (IND) website; this link will take you straight there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
The link you provided is very useful.
I will be initially starting my employment on my orientation year visa before applying for long term work permit. Can I apply visa (and residence permit) for family members on that or need to wait for long term work permit.
Also, since the site provides income limits only for the partner, does each additional family member (child) requires additional income limit?
Mvg
Amit

Hi again.

There is a Q&A document published by the IND; this link will take you to it.

I think it answers both your questions; i.e. family permit - yes; additional income - yes, but you don't need to show it up front.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic
Thanks for the help so far.
As I am planning to move somewhere around Feb next year, how hard or easy it is to get school admissions in mid year... My son goes to dutch school here in Belgium in first grade.. will he be accepted in same grade in Netherlands ? Is there any centralised admission procedure for basis schools or I need to visit individual schools for same

Hi again.

Your Forum information tells me that you are intending to move to Rotterdam; the Rotterdam Expat Centre has a website that can probably help you further; this link will take you straight there.

Our experience was we registered at the Gemeente to get our BSN, then we just called into our local school, met the Headteacher and registered them there.  The issue nowadays is will there be a vacancy at the school of your choice; the link I gave you has phone numbers so you can phone them and ask.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic
Thanks for the link.
Reg. Visa for my Family, should I apply after I get my resident permit or can apply simultaneously?
I read a comment in another topic by you that IND will take more than 3 months if I apply afterwards.
Is that true and any indication of timeline nowadays.
I am anxious as my family can only stay about 3 months after I resign here in Belgium.
Thnx
Amit

Hi again.

It makes sense for you all to apply and travel together.  That said, depending on your circumstances, it can take up to 90 days for new visas/permits and the border is technically closed for "unnecessary trips", which they advise should be postponed until after the COVID situation; whether a voluntary change of employment is in this category, I don't know and I suspect is one of those things that what answer you get depends on who you ask.

The IND does have a Twitter feed to which you can ask non-specific questions (link).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team