Marriage to a columbian lady

I am Mark from Manchester UK and my is Victoria from Bogota we have been in a relationship for 3 years now and decided to get married what documents do I need to supply to the notary and what time in advance before our marriage. I intend to move to Bogota in the next 3 years. We have a house in Bogota together. What work is there in Bogota my work in the UK is a Railway Engineer on the railway tracks, but I am considering teaching english

I have no idea what a Columbian lady is, I do know what Colombian ladies are.

Dear Mark,

Welcome to the Colombia forums of expat.com ...

Teaching English is probably your better option, although you can't expect high pay at most levels.

Railroad engineering "on the railway tracks" is problematic due to the system favoring native Colombians, the covid era with related unemployment .. and the fact that a language error on the job could have a tragic outcome.

cccmedia

Just in case you haven't seen this, it may give you an idea of what to expect in the railroad area in Colombia - not much.  Barely 2000 miles of track total.  But they may be able to use your expertise!  If you spoke fluent Spanish...it never hurts to try.  But any jobs would go to Colombians first, unless they felt they needed some outside help, perhaps as a consultant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_tran … n_Colombia

The notary needs these for expat marriage.
Birth certificate issued within the last 3 months. Apostilled stamped in the country of issue. Divorce certificate (if you have been married before). Issued within the last 3 months. Apostilled stamped in the the country of issue.
Current valid Colombian Visa or Cedula (or maybe passport) depending on your present situation in Colombia.

Also Medical Insurance they are requiring that now as well

@ HutchX2020

I didn't have Colombia medical insurance when I applied for my first 3 year visa successfully but it is required for the renewal application. I just enrolled right after my first visa 3 year was issued. 28 bucks USD a month will get you onto the Colombian national medical system.

(At) CanadaDoug

Let me ask you for the renewa visal can I appear as a beneficiary on my wife's EPS ? or do I have to be a contributor on the EPS

Thanks
Hutch