Christmas wishlist

All I want for Christmas is a marriage visa...lol. I think it will be quite delayed due to the holidays. Three weeks and it is still in the formalized mode. The first application was not granted due to current passport number did not match the passport number on the marriage certificate.

That was easy enough to resolve as I have all of my old passports and visa stamps. I understand the question; but, do feel it was a bit picky and that they could have just asked for evidence rather than rejection. Hoping they don't pick up something else to reject with.

lpd

Good Luck LPD

@nico peligro Thanks... I am waiting out the Christmas slow down.

elp

Well success sort of maybe... lol. I just got the email to inform me that the M visa has been approved and a link to pay. However, I have been unable to complete the online payment process. Will try again tomorrow and then call Tuesday if unsuccessful. I am now dying of curiosity to know how long it was issued for... LOL. Thanks for all of the online support and guidance.

lp

Many people have experienced problems paying online.

Those people head to the closest migracion office to pay directly.

@mtbe If it were that easy. I am in Houston. We had a sister deposit funds into my wife's account and will attempt to pay via Bancolombia.

Much of the Cancillería site is down and has been for weeks, that may be the problem

@PhilCo58 I imagine it is because of the holidays. At any rate; after having a Colombian relative deposit funds in the wife's Bancolombia account she went online and was able to pay with a US based credit card. We got notification later Friday afternoon that the visa had been paid for. We are now waiting for an email with the e-visa that we can print and put in my passport. I imagine that will happen this week.

regards,

elp

@Lpdiver So the visa was granted today for a period of two years. Will have to go to the Houston Consulate and have it stamped into my passport according to the e-mail containing the visa. Many forum folks indicate that this is not necessary; but, I will visit the local consulate out of precaution.

regards,

lpd