What are the requirements for Exiting KSA during COVID-19 Pandemic?

I am planning to go exit this coming September by my own expense and does anybody here knows what should I get before I can go home. Do I need to have a medical certificate from Saudi Hospitals or no need.

Would really appreciate if someone could answer my question. Thank you.

Exiting KSA during Covid-19 pandemic. Login to your MOI/Absher account and then under new services in AWDAH tab click "New Travel Request". This service allow all legal and illegal foreign expat workers and resident visa holders inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) to submit an application to return to their countries electronically via MOI/Absher platform. Once your request is approved, MOI will contact you and the process of travel procedures will be arranged back to your home country.

Thank you for the information, also do you know if there's a medical procedure before allowed to travel?

MOI will let you know during the processing of your final exit only visa whether or not medical test is required.

big thanks  :top:

Hello Redtrumplet,

To go back to your home country, firstly do we need to ask our employer first regarding exit visa or re entry exit visa or we can directly login to the MOI/Absher Website and start the process ? I am an expat here who came to KSA on company visa in January 2020, just around 5 months ago. I am not sure if my employer will let me go back as my probation has been cleared and I have a contract stating if I resign without a valid reason I will have to pay salaries remaining for the contract period which is 12 months and I have 8 remaining salaries.

I want to go home due to the pandemic and want to stay close with my family in these tough times. I am also going through depression and medical problems such as shivering of my body and lack of appetite plus sleeplessness. Everytime I focus on work I can not do it because my life has been disturbed.

Can you suggest any available options for me which will be legal and will not cause trouble for me ?

Would be grateful to you.

That would depend on your company if they will let you go without finishing your contract nor your iqama, but as per my experience on my company they will not let you go as easy as that if you still on a 2 years contract.

And yes they will let you pay for the remaining months on your iqama and also maybe on the remaining months on your contract (but that depends on your company) and also you will be the one to buy your own plane ticket same on my situation since I'm the one wanting to go without finishing my 2 years, however those restrictions will depends on your company but this is the possibilities.

I would suggest that you should talk to your manager or who's in-charge first so that you will have a clear answer on this matter.

ALSO, you need to tell your employer about going home because you cannot just register on ABSHER/MOI by yourself you still need to have a consent from your employer for you to be able to have a visa, they will be the one to process it.

Hi @redteleron
Thanks for the detailed reply.
If I talk to my manager would not they start creating an issue ? What if they would directly make the legal action without understanding my problem. On my contract it is written that I must serve 2 years with the company and I have one vocation for one month after 11 months. I am passing time miserably without any motivation to work her in KSA. Each day seems to be very difficult. It was my first time in KSA and on top of that the pandemic hit and we went under a lockdown. || I am planning to stay quite for a few more months until the regular flights open again so that if I they give me exit visa I can atleast book a flight. I am scared of talking to my manager or HR as I don't want a legal action against me nor I have remaining 19 salaries to pay to my employer.

Please suggest me what to do?
Many Thanks

However it is written on my contract that I can resign by providing a valid reason and serve a two months notice period. Can I resign by providing a reason that I am going through depression and anxiety ? Will I need a medical certificate to attach to my application ? To be honest my body is getting numbed, pain in my upper chest and sleeplessness for continuous days and weeks.
What should I do, shall i consult a Doctor first and see it he provides me a medical certificate stating I am ill and than talk to my HR or Manager ?

Many Thanks

if you would say maybe you are not in a good condition to do your work maybe they  will consider, but the best option for you is to talk to the HR or your manager for options and also to have an answer if they will let you go, it is a very common rules here in KSA especially if you are still on your 1st 2years contract its not so easy to go.

But just try to speak to them, explain your side and reasons thats the only way you will know and maybe they will agree to let you go but on your own expense.

Hi, I couldn't find the New Travel Request in Absher. What is Awdah? Can you please guide me? Thank you.

Google it. Type AWDAH.

Thank you. I found.

For your knowledge the prerequisite for Awdah registration is Exit visa.