Moving To USA from UK

Hi,

This looks like a great forum. I was hoping someone could help.

Me and my wife are looking to move to USA from the UK. We haven't really thought greatly about where as of yet as i guess it will all depend on job and opportunities etc....

We are 37 years old with children that are 3 and 1.

My wife is dual nationality meaning she has an American Passport and a British Passport (her mum is an American) but she has never lived in the States. My children (and me) have UK Passports.

Can anyone help on what we would need to do to move over to the USA? My wife is a stay at home mum so doesn't need work,  I work for a big firm that has a lot of offices all over the States, but does not actively "sponsor" employees to move internally, they would however help me with a job should i be fully set up with a visa to work in the USA.

Hoping someone can help,

Thanks,

Dave

Hello DMarwick,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Great work for the introduction.  :top:

I invite you to have a look at the various existing topics in the USA forum, you may find some interesting information that will help you in your move to USA.

I hope that our active members will be able to help you. Meanwhile, I strongly recommend you to check the USA expat guide as there are several instructive articles that will also guide you to make your expat project a success.

Best of luck,

Cheryl
Expat.Com Team.

Uscis.gov and travel.state.gov are the official sites and go into detail about US immigration from soup to nuts, from forms to fees.

Hello, how are you doing today, I'm pastor Latham from USA, I saw your post on here and I think I can be of help to you and your wife, I have an apartment for rent here in Houston TX and also I can get you a job too.***

Moderated by Loïc 3 years ago
Reason : for security reasons, we do not accept personal information on the forum. Share them through the private message system
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Lathamheins and welcome to expat.com. :)

I'm Loïc from the moderation team and It's a pleasure to meet you.

If you wish to rent your appartement, we advise you to do so in the Housing in the USA section ;)

Thanking your for your understanding and wishing you a good day.

Regards.

Loïc
Expat.com Team