Apartment Management

Today have been tested for temperature before entering apartment... Fine I accept the virus worries.

For the last two weeks.. pool closed due to virus worrie 😭

Today they change rules no guests allowed to use pools when they reopen for security..

But it's ok for security to let anyone in who say 'i forgot card'...

Other times I come home and door to reception wide open and no guard..

There are some amazing security ideas here.. some well managed and some badly so

Anyone else in a Novaland development manager by Savills ??

Jlgarbutt wrote:

Today have been tested for temperature before entering apartment... Fine I accept the virus worries.

For the last two weeks.. pool closed due to virus worrie 😭

Today they change rules no guests allowed to use pools when they reopen for security..

But it's ok for security to let anyone in who say 'i forgot card'...

Other times I come home and door to reception wide open and no guard..

There are some amazing security ideas here.. some well managed and some badly so

Anyone else in a Novaland development manager by Savills ??

I live in Go Vap in a 10 story apartment building,, they have 3 guards,,

1 on electric gate thats never been used in the 9 months i've lived here, he just sits under the shade of the tree and shouts hello, good morning in english, he did for 2 days use a temp gun but went back to his tree.

The other 2 are down in the parking space, the girl is always on her phone or asleep, the other is signing bits of paper and never gets off his chair.

I've never seen any of them do "security" so I think yours is about normal for HCMC.

Stop moaning - I'll bet the guards spring into action in less than a week if an intruder gets in.

Oh look there goes a pig flying past my window in the 20th floor
Im not sure who is responsible for the guards

Here savills manage the building, but we also have a management team made up of resident home owners. I have no idea who they are, but im guessing they are the older residents based on some of the daft rule changes we get.

So new rules come in... posters everywhere... and mentions on FB. Trouble is not everyone does facebook so some residents dont know about new rules.... result didnt obey so card blocked - please pay a fine or you cannot get in. No idea where the money from these fines goes. We have around 1200 apartments here... management say atound 300 are empty becuase owners are overseas so they are all blocked when they come back. Each card unlock is 100,000VND so what do they do with money ?

Other residents have been blocked becuase they do not see new rules because they dont use FB... you can imagine the arguments that causes.

The bit thay i find most annoying is some people seem to be exempt from rules... like secruity guards and families who dont wear masks...

Jlgarbutt wrote:

Oh look there goes a pig flying past my window in the 20th floor
Im not sure who is responsible for the guards

Here savills manage the building, but we also have a management team made up of resident home owners. I have no idea who they are, but im guessing they are the older residents based on some of the daft rule changes we get.

So new rules come in... posters everywhere... and mentions on FB. Trouble is not everyone does facebook so some residents dont know about new rules.... result didnt obey so card blocked - please pay a fine or you cannot get in. No idea where the money from these fines goes. We have around 1200 apartments here... management say atound 300 are empty becuase owners are overseas so they are all blocked when they come back. Each card unlock is 100,000VND so what do they do with money ?

Other residents have been blocked becuase they do not see new rules because they dont use FB... you can imagine the arguments that causes.

The bit thay i find most annoying is some people seem to be exempt from rules... like secruity guards and families who dont wear masks...

An ex-gf of mine lived in an apartment block in D2. The guy from the building company( govt owned)who managed the building used to charge people 800k to use the service elevayor when moving their furniture into their apartments.

"The bit thay i find most annoying is some people seem to be exempt from rules... like secruity guards and families who dont wear masks..."

Rule 1. D'ont get annoyed at anything the VN do... they go the wrong way on road, make up rules on the spot and do just about everything the reverse way a westerner would do something....

Relax and chill I have been living with my GF in apratment for around 9 months now and everythig she does is the long way of doing anything, I've given up on using energy being annoyed.

Hello everyone,

I made some clean up because there were many off-topic posts.

Please, stay focused on the Original Poster's questions.

Regards.

Loïc

Loïc wrote:

Hello everyone,

I made some clean up because there were many off-topic posts.

Please, stay focused on the Original Poster's questions.

Regards.

Loïc

Good! you heeded my advice. 'focused' is correct.