Divorce - Guidance Required - Father Needs Assistance

I am a British Expat (Dubai Resident) who was married to a French Expat (Bahrain Resident).  We undertook an agreement for divorce, the highlight - we agreed sums I would pay (what is due, and what would be Alimony and me covering my son's full expenses).

I am now seeking a leading lawyer or feedback from this community related to:

a) her changing her mind and coming after damages (is this allowed by Bahrain Family Law)
b) if the courts in Bahrain can be manipulated (as her lawyers/friends/clients are not only well networked but sit in a position of power in Bahrain.
c) are the courts fair?
d) she had restricted access to my son, how can I win custody or at least fair access
e) She was married before and waived many elements to secure custody of her children, i, however, am paying a disproportionate amount compared to her previous deal - can her last agreement can be compared to my agreement

Please note I will relocate to Bahrain and rebuild my life if that secures my son's custody.

I had decided to do the right thing and support my ex, agree to her terms and be the father I want to be, but am now considering alternative action as I feel my son will not be better off without me in his life.  A son should have a strong bond with his father, despite their parent's relationship.

If anyone has been through a case in Bahrain similar, or understand how  Ministers or Royal Famly members can influence a personal matter like this. 

I hope my ex and I can sort things out reasonably and calmly but am conscious that I need to appropriately prepared for the interests of my son.

Thank you

Hello there,

I can recommend a nice gentleman who deals in family law (can't say if he's among the leading one though) and is very well eloquent in explaining how things work here..

Mr. Mohammed Saeed at Nabeel Saeed Law Firm in Manama - in the same vicinity of the passports directorate..

Hope things work out for you for the best.

Regards
TT

1) The most important thing which you are not considering is whether you are Muslim or Non-Muslim.  Family law does not apply to Non-Muslims and instead you can petition to have the law of your country apply
2) Where exactly did you get married?  was it in the UAE or Bahrain or somewhere else?