School Admission-September 2014 Start

Hi all,

I have contacted the following schools so far for my 3.5 year old son and the responses received are mentioned below:

1)Nadeen School-No. 123 on the waiting list. Apologies no admission this year.
2)The British School Bahrain:No place this year
3) St. Christopher:Please contact us in September if we are in a position to assess your son.
4)British Prepatory School: We have a long waiting list.  I suggest you come and see us when you arrive in Bahrain and see what the situation is by then.
5)Early Learners: Agreed to register but no guarantee of a place.
6) Dilmun School: Waiting for a response.

Seems like I am heading nowhere. It will be a big problem if I can't get him to any school in September 2014. Are there any other British schools we should consider for a possible place for my son.

Your suggestion will be much appreciated.

Try multinational school bahrain log on its website they have seats available

Hi

I had the same response from st. Christopher's for my daughter back in May but they was happy to accept a school report  from her current nursery  in the uk after I asked if she could be observed in her current nursery.  Hope this information  may help.

I work at the school, the school has seats available because it recently opened last year feel free to log on and call them instantly

Our son is on a waiting list for British School (St Christopher's suggested that there was no point in applying due to how full they were when we asked at Easter, the British Prep school said that they don't take 6 year olds!, and neither my son nor my husband got the right feel for MNS when we visited).  At the moment this means that he and I are in the UK and my husband is in Bahrain.  It isn't ideal, but since my son is already in school (starts year 2 in September) we didn't want to take him out of a school where he is happy without having a school place arranged!  Hopefully we will be able to book a one way flight soon!! :)

You've listed all the schools I had heard of and considered.  The other option that I have heard of people doing is to home educate until a place comes up, though that is of course down to personal preference.

Hope this helps

S

Mummy T is right.  You have considered all the options for actual schools.  There are loads and loads of pre-schools though as he is only 3.5.

Try Budaiya Pre-School, Little Gems, The Children's House (Montessorri) for starters.

Or keep him at home and have fun - he is still very little :)

A lot of families do home schooling at that age, but I shouldn't worry. Like Scottrace says there are lots of pre-schools about, many in Saar area that have spaces. All the main schools are full to bursting point with waiting lists that are closed now due to the amount of people on them.

Once in a pre-school, you can relax a bit and then get them on the lists for higher age groups after waiting a year or so.

Hi When I was searching schools in Bahrain, I came across a new school opening in September 2014 called Capital school, it is a British curriculum school. I don't have any other information but check out the website.

Andrea

As parents, we have just received an email informing us that the waiting list is open again for BSB Infant School so there may be some hope out there for those of you waiting for spaces.  If you haven't applied and would like to I would suggest you do it as soon as possible.

And there was a great article in the Gulf Weekly which may be worth a read about where the school is heading.

We have also received an email regarding openings at the infant school. Here's a link to the article that scottrace mentions:

http://www.gulfweekly.com/articles.aspx?articleid=32389

Thank you very much. I have contacted the school and they have confirmed that the Kindergarten waitlist has now reopened and they are able to accept my application. Really appreciate for passing the value information.

The infant school wait list is open for Kindergarten, Reception and Year 1 (those children born between 1st Sept 2008 and 31st August 2011).  Unfortunately we're waiting for Year 2!!

Hope this helps

S

Thanks 5hutterbug for the link.

reading_2014 - that's great news - good luck :)

MummyT - maybe Y2 will open up too now.  It's the last week of term and finally parents are telling the school whether or not they are coming back in September.

I had almost given up hope of getting my Y1 place and now have it so am over the moon.