Streetfood laws in vietnam

Hello
I am an expat living in district 2 in hcmc. I want to set up wood fire pizza stand outside a huge apartment complex with many residents. There is barely, if not, any street food stalls in the area since it's in thao dien, so i dont feel like I am taking away from the local vietnamese people. My question is, what are the laws when it comes to getting a food vending spot in Vietnam? Like do I have to register it somehow by contacting the local police? I have read that most food stalls act illegally so is that even an option to just go for it and just bribe the police whenever they come around? Or is the only option to formally register it with the police? Any idea an aproximent costs? Anyone with insight, advice, or comments are welcome. Thank you

I don't like your chances.
Wadey

Thanks for the input. Do you care to elaborate? Like the chances of it being possible or it being financially successful?

Besides the local government, it is customary for street vendors to pay rent to the people who own the storefronts or homes in front of which they have their setup.

You would need to apply to the UBND( Peoples Committee) of the area you want to work in. You will most probably get hassled by the police looking for their share. It has been done before, so it is possible. Expect the locals to start up in opposition if they see you doing good business.
This issue was discussed here before;
Food

I genuinely wish you luck but I think you may live to regret it. Trying to go down the legal route can be complicated and expensive and you will still get hassled. The illegal route also has it's own issues and the police will certainly take their share of your profits whichever route you take. On the plus side I visit a friend in the area quite often and it is certainly pretty much devoid of traders. I do know of somebody that went the legal route to cook Naan bread on the street. When he eventually did start trading he immediately got loads of customers and had to employ a local to help cope with demand. After just a few months the local left and opened exactly the same street stand lass than 20yds away . .. . with no licence and seemingly with only the occasional visit from police who obviously took a 'fee'.  Eventually my friend lost all his trade and was constantly hassled by the authorities. Suffice to say that his venture that took almost a year to materialise and, left alone was financially viable, went under in less time than it took to create it. I guess it all comes down to what contacts you have to 'smooth' your path and how determined you are. You have obviously done your financial viability study so you are sure that despite all the potential overheads, material costs etc you will get enough to make it worthwhile so as stated at the beginning of my response. Good luck and all the best if you decide to go ahead.