Need contacts and advices.

Hello everyone,

We will arrive in Hoboken in end of January. We have 2½ years old daughter. I am looking for contacts of other mums and have some advises on the activities that we can do with my daughter.

If you have any recommendations / advice on a daycare in Hoboken I am interested. My daughter only speaks French, do you think it will be a problem to communicate with other children / teachers in daycare or she will quickly get used to it. :(

I think we will need a second hand stroller, if you have one, please contact me.

Thank you so much for your advice.
Christine

Two-and-a-half year old? She'll turn to English and different versions of Spanish in no time at all. I would say the difficult part is to maintain French at home so she won't lose it once she attends school.

Teachers in quality day care do speak other languages aside from English. Our grandchildren (living in NY and CT) speak English as their mother tongue while being taught European Spanish at home before kindergarten. After a few years in elementary school, they became fluent in French and Italian just by being exposed to them. Now 10 and 13, they're more Europeans than Americans due to their ease of switching between the languages.

Hi Ciambella,

Thank you very much for this post. That's reassures me.