Cleaning service

Hi,

I just got a new apt in Binh Thanah and the people who lived there before were there for 5 years. the landlord hired someone to clean it the day they move out and thinks the cleaning will be done that afternoon. I believe this will not be a deep clean as my experience has been that cleaning standards here are very different than western standards or my standards!

I want to get a deep clean done of the apt and want to hire an individual to help me do the cleaning. Does anyone have any recommendation or know of a cleaning service I can call and hire someone to help me? I want to be able to dictate how and what we clean....so i know its a deep clean, but we will clean together and I am willing to pay higher than the standard rate.

Thanks!

Warren

exstam1 wrote:

Hi,

I just got a new apt in Binh Thanah and the people who lived there before were there for 5 years. the landlord hired someone to clean it the day they move out and thinks the cleaning will be done that afternoon. I believe this will not be a deep clean as my experience has been that cleaning standards here are very different than western standards or my standards!

I want to get a deep clean done of the apt and want to hire an individual to help me do the cleaning. Does anyone have any recommendation or know of a cleaning service I can call and hire someone to help me? I want to be able to dictate how and what we clean....so i know its a deep clean, but we will clean together and I am willing to pay higher than the standard rate.

Thanks!

Warren

It looks as if Admin has quickly deleted your cross posting of what is essentially a help wanted ad, and the automated system has blocked the link you posted.

I recommend familiarizing yourself with the forum code of conduct.

As Admin usually reminds people, you can take out an ad in the classifieds on this site.

FYI, I'm pretty sure the HCMC thread gets much more attention than the Saigon thread.

I do hope you are successful.

Also, you can send me a private message and I can send you the name of a very fastidious Vietnamese friend in Saigon.

If you use Google Translate, you can get her to clean anything to perfection.

Welcome to the forum!

:cheers:

Most apartments in HCMC have tile floors and are rented unfurnished.  Unless your apartment has carpets and/or furniture, you might want to see how the job is before worrying too much.  It's pretty easy to clean a bare tile floor. 

One thing that surprised me when we left our apartment was that it is not necessarily customary to plug up any holes drilled into the walls for pictures or clocks.  You could bring that up with the landlord but it might be a lot easier to just buy some spackling material and do it yourself.