Driving with International Driving Permit

Hello...

I came with international driving permit (from India) and willing to drive in Bahrain by taking car on rent. Whether with international driving permit can i drive in Bahrain till my CPR and Bahrain license process get completed here.

your response in this regards will be highly appreciated and it will make my journey in Bahrain more easy.

Thanks in advance

You can drive as long as you are on a visit visa.  However, once your work/residence visa is done, you cannot drive and must get a Bahrain driving license to be able to.

No...i came here on work visa only and soon going to receive CPR too... But till the time i get my Bahrain Driving License can I drive in Bahrain based on IDP (International Driving Permit) which i bring from India ? Also is there any concession will be given in driving class due to IDP (International Driving Permit). i mean instead of 22 Hours class there will be any reduced due to i have IDP (International Driving Permit)

As I said, no you can't drive on IDP once your work visa has been stamped.

IDP is meaningless for classes.  It is your home country license that counts i.e. which country and license for how long - which decides if any relief will be given on classes.  Go to driving school and check.

Dear,

In India they provide IDP, Please see the list of countries which provide IDP and details of it through the link below :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internati … ing_Permit

You will get consession only if you have orginal license with you (Duplicate copy not acceptable ).

I have original driving license (issued from India) and original IDP (international Driving Permit) with me. Hope for some sort of benefit as i already paid lots of money in india to get IDP