Converting Saudi Car License to Bahraini (as well as motorcycle)

Hello folks,

I have my original Saudi Car and Motorcycle drivers license.  Both are valid in excess of 5 years more.

Would it be possible to convert both to a Bahraini one?  Also, could I retain my KSA one just in-case?  Or would I have to surrender the KSA one?

You can convert the Saudi driving license to Bahraini driving licnse.

But you need to get the police clearance certificate from Saudi traffic directorate .

Then once u are in Bahrain you need to submit the original Saudi license along with this police clearance certificate copy so as to exchange to Bahraini license.

You need to undertake a eye test and pay 27 BD.

This is the latest rule.

i dont think so !!! that u have to surrender the KSA one ...
Same happened to my driver in 2008 , he just paid 20 BD & an eye test . just one hour job :P

yes this is new rule now to produece above said certf. i'm also facing same, anyone can help me out of this pls.

Yes... The Police Certificate issue is there. I am searching for a solution to this too.

Dear All

Happy New Year

no more require for police clearance certificate from saudi arabia who wants to convert our driving license from saudi to bahraini driving license only you have to do as follows

In Traffic Dept.
- get the form for driving license and license undertaking form

- on undertaking form - fill up all the detail of saudi license get the seal and signature of your sponser or head of HRD

- then back to traffic dept submit it with one pasport size photo,eye test, pay the fees 26.50 BHD and get the license within 05 minutes

20 minutes required for entire process

Are you sure about this? I went to convert my license almost a month ago but they asked me for Saudi Traffic Police Clearance. Do you know someone who recently converted his license this way? I mean in the last week or two?

Yes, last wednesday i myself and my friend done it.

Have you got your KSA issued driving license converted to Bahrain License .I too want to do the same  but not willing to part off with the KSA driving license also ...

When you convert your license, I heard in some cases they take your old license away. But you can always go to KSA and say you lost your old license. They're bound to issue a new one, no?

Actually they take away you're license and send it back to saudi officials. If the whole thing is documented properly, I think you'll have to apply for a new saudi license our convert the Bahraini license back to a saudi one.

Btw... Thanks Anjumqdr... I got my licenses few weeks ago. :)

congratulation and best of luck

hi....i am holding a valid saudi licencse...i vl come soon to bahrain..bt my saudi visa was stamped on my old passport...after i left saudi i renewed my passport and now my bahrain visa will be stamped on ths new passport..will it make any issues on convertin my saudi license to bahrain license??? :(

arunvadakepatt wrote:

hi....i am holding a valid saudi licencse...i vl come soon to bahrain..bt my saudi visa was stamped on my old passport...after i left saudi i renewed my passport and now my bahrain visa will be stamped on ths new passport..will it make any issues on convertin my saudi license to bahrain license??? :(

I don't think you will face any issues just because you got a new passport. Bahrain authorities are very understanding when it comes to such things. Best wishes!

PS: to avoid confusion please do not use text language on the Forum.

I don't think there is going to be any issues with that. As long as you have both your passports in hand, you should be fine.

Thanks to both of you for your replies. SOrry for using text language. One more doubt, can i drive in bahrain using my saudi driving license untill i get a bahraini license?

Yes you can.

What are the new procedures for converting KSA  license to bahrain? Anybody can help?

Hi,

the below mentioned post should give you the details you need.

http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=291865

good luck

T&R

Hi
Me have sodia license but I m using in sodia only five month changing in Bahrain imopsible plzz gaid me

Hi,

What is sodia license?

T&R

Hi any one has recent experience of converting Saudi driving licence to Bahrain licence whats the procedure and docs required any recent changes to the system. thanks

so finally without police clearence certificate from saudi you convert ur license?

Hi.

My Saudi license are expired I need bahrain license urgent now what will do please tell us??

If your Saudi license has been expired. You cannot convert immediately. You might have to give the test again. Only the classes will not be mandatory. Contact the GDT office.