Advice before coming to Doha

Hey Everyone
I am planning to move to Qatar next month on a 12 month contract and to be honest I have some concerns about how lifestyle looks a like,
I heard many people talking about their boring experience, where as they claim there is nothing fun to do expect for dune bashing, diving in the sea and exploring the dessert.
I also know that many websites and mobile apps are blocked so but I already got a NordVPN to get around these restrictions since Nord offer a good price, also I downloaded some local apps for food delivery ,taxi, payments and expat application to keep up with all up coming events but still wondering is there cinemas for example or night clubs, bars and so on ?

Hi Dear, I am also coming next month if anyone idea for anything

Hey GabrielaX10 welcome on board  :)

When you land in Qatar you can find lots of happening events to keep yourself busy and in Qatar you can easily find many free VPN. For food service use talabat and for Cab use UBer ride and 21 Cinemas house with many multi language movies. Yes Qatar do have Night clubs, bar ( Most of them prefer to avoid only party animals you will find frequently  :D  and Qatar have Alcohol retail shop name QDC (need a license first)

GabrielaX10 wrote:

Hey Everyone
I am planning to move to Qatar next month on a 12 month contract and to be honest I have some concerns about how lifestyle looks a like,
I heard many people talking about their boring experience, where as they claim there is nothing fun to do expect for dune bashing, diving in the sea and exploring the dessert.
I also know that many websites and mobile apps are blocked so but I already got a NordVPN to get around these restrictions since Nord offer a good price, also I downloaded some local apps for food delivery ,taxi, payments and expat application to keep up with all up coming events but still wondering is there cinemas for example or night clubs, bars and so on ?

Hi Dear,

Cinema can be found mostly in each mall over here. Though, the timings can be quite different from the usual it's  still accessible. There are bars and clubs also, but it's quite expensive. If you can get a liquor license from your company, you can buy alcohols in one specific store called the QDC.

Been living here for almost 3 years now and I think you can only describe this country depending on your personality and life style. All I can say is, if you want some peace and quite you can definitely stay here longer.

Good luck!

just try to find friends with common interests and nothing will be boring,

There are night clubs , bars and cinemas , this is no Saudi Arebia.
You could maintain your western life style but it would be better to also respect people here.
For example , you can't wear provocative clothes everywhere but you could do that in clubs   bars and lounges.
You don't have to cover your head or wear Abaya  or cover all your body , you could wear dresses a little bit above the knees , you could wear shirts that don't show cleavage as a respetful gesture , if you do that in public, no one is gonna arrest you but people would stare.
The thing that could make life boring and relationships or friendships challanging, is the fact that there is so much focus on the material aspect and not because of restrictions.
There are some nice activities here but if you are looking for more exciting experiences , remeber that this country is close to Asia , so going there from here is cheap.
It is not as horrible as people describe , you do have rights and don't wait for the country to offer you experiences , make those experiences.