Making Friends

Dzień dobry!

Mam na imię Faye.  I am living in Warsaw for 2 years now. I have decided to join expat.com in the hope of finding new friends. I mostly spend my days with either gardening, painting, reading,shopping, sometimes traveling with my husband and my part time teaching job. life's perfect but sometimes you need friends to talk to and do things you can't do with your husband :-p. I also love meeting people from all over. So if interested, let me know.

hopefully waiting,
Faye

Hey Faye, I feel the same and joined this Expat.com in the hope to meet more people near me too. I'm in a small town in the south of Poland called Zawadzkie. It's pretty far from Warsaw but if you're ever in the area, please do pop in for a chat!

Aby x

Hi Aby, thanks for the reply and offer. i looked it up on the maps and you really are far. the closest bigger city is Częstochowa that i recognized.

Faye x

Haha and that is pretty far from here too. Have you managed to make many new friends in Warsaw, there must be plenty, Warsaw is so big! My biggest problem is that my Polish is still so bad. I can hardly say much in Polish if i'm honest. If you have any tips on how to learn this crazy language, please do fill me in.

How are you enjoying it here anyway? It must be quite different from the Philippines?

Aby x

I've manage to meet some friends though they're just quite busy with work and all. Well, I gotta say Polish isn't easy to learn. Makes me laugh at times when i practice the nasal sounds. I started with learning few words on an application called ''Memrise''. cost only 60zl/year.From that, i take interest in basic words from whatever is inside the house. I simply ask what's this and that.It works! :-p I'm looking into some summer Polish courses nearby for more.

As for my life here, winter is a terrible season for me. I can't do anything besides indoor activities. It's  completely different from what i'm used to. I'm having a hard time making friends with Polish people. They're nice and all but there's this language gap and they are more reserved than i thought.

How about you? do tell me about your life here so far.

Yes! This is exactly what i've found, Polish people are very reserved and I find it hard to make friends. I have two small children so I thought it would be easier to make other mummy friends, but the language gap is too too wide to actually make friends so it's been pretty lonely so far. Regarding my Polish language learning, I have an app too that i go through most days and that's been helpful, (Duo Lingo).

We live in a small town and I originally come from London, UK so it's been a big change, but mostly i'm enjoying it. It's nice to recognise people around the town, we are surrounded by forests and my children are having such a great life living close to their Polish Grandmother, who is an absolute Saint! And they go to a great nursery here and are so well looked after, Overall, it's a good, it's quiet and peaceful place, it's just my lack of friends that is the one annoying part of living here.

It would be good if there was a meetup in different cities for all the foreigners so we can make friends with each other.

Aby x

I feel you. It's the lack of friends that drives me crazy. I have no little ones yet that will keep me occupied. I truly love living here because of all the peaceful surroundings. There is this huge protected forest right across our home. I love to gather mushrooms there during the fall. But sometimes I feel really homesick and it let's me down for days.

Faye x

Oh,and for expat meet ups,you can check "event" on the communities tab. You can also post an event if you'd like to meet some people near you.

Faye x

Hey Faye, We are coming to Warsaw tomorrow (late notice i know!) my husband has a meeting there and we're staying overnight at the Hilton until Friday. Do you fancy meeting up?

Send me a message and i'll send you my email or telephone number.

Thanks,

Aby

Hey Aby! That's wonderful.  I'm in Mazury,north of Poland right now. We'll be back on Sunday. Talk about wrong timing. I really love to meet with you.😔 Next time you visit Warsaw, Please write me ahead of time. Still, I hope you'll enjoy sightseeing in the old town. Would be great if you and your family will be able to visit there. Though I guess you already have.😊

Faye x

Ahh, such a shame! you're right, wrong timing completely!!! I would love to visit Mazury, you will have to tell me all about it when we finally meet one day.

I'm sure we will have another opportunity again.

Enjoy your weekend.

Aby x

You'll love this place. There are thousands of lakes to pick from. Though the water is still cold but the sceneries are quite lovely. Next time then.Have a nice weekend too!

Faye x

Hi!
I and my friend just new comers in Warsaw.
If you wants to hangout just message me inst:zoong.zip
Hi I need help for polend domastic helper visa can get Plis help me 🙏

@Faye30 hi I need job can you help I like work with you

@Faye30 I am from Sri Lanka my name is Indika Samanmali I finished my job in Cyprus in December but I need a job again in January 2023 we are from a poor family we all live on my salary if possible give me a job in Poland thank you very much ...
Be for I work Lebanon.dubai.kuwait.and Cyprus 13 Have years of service experience
Hello Samanmali,

Please note that this thread is not about job/work. It is for members already in Poland looking for friends.

Please drop an advert in the Jobs in Poland section of the website.

Thank you,
Bhavna

Hello,

Anyone in Gdańsk? Let hangout.

Thank you.

Regards,

Esther.

@Faye30 nice to meet you ms my name is noor hassan i am from pakistan and living dubai.i am looking some international friends because i have plaan to visit some country.

@Faye30

Hi there,

Am in Krakow :), we can be friends:)

Rahel

@Rahel Fikadu

You are from which country?

Please give your contact mobile number.

Hi, :)

Oh I am Ethiopian. Has been in Krakow since 2 years ago. Lovely Krakow! You may inbox me your number/email so that we can connect :), if that's okay :):).

Thanks indeed for seeking international friends. We need that catch up🧡

@sjkataria from Pakistan

@Rahel Fikadu can we b come frend

Hello noorhassanasam,

Are you in Poland at the moment?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Yoginee no dear at the moment i am dubai but i am interested to come poland

@Rahel Fikadu yes sure

@Rahel Fikadu

I am from India.

I am presently working at Saudi Arabia.

I will be shifting to LUBIN - Poland for job; in March; along with my wife.

Please connect with me on whatsapp on my Saudi Arabia mobile : *********

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : For security reasons, do not share phone numbers/ email addresses on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Mates,

Let's catch up once you are in Poland. Good luck on your way to Poland!

Ps. If you have anything to ask before getting to Poland, you may seek help on this group. Everyone is happy to support!

Regards,

Rahel

@noorhassanasam may i have your watssapp please

@noorhassanasam send me please

Dzień dobry!

Mam na imię Faye. I am living in Warsaw for 2 years now. I have decided to join expat.com in the hope of finding new friends. I mostly spend my days with either gardening, painting, reading,shopping, sometimes traveling with my husband and my part time teaching job. life's perfect but sometimes you need friends to talk to and do things you can't do with your husband :-p. I also love meeting people from all over. So if interested, let me know.

hopefully waiting,
Faye
-@Faye30

HI I'm Zia from Pakistan but presently I'm working in United Arab Emirates from past 15 years

Im looking good friends

If u interested we connect in what app for batter conversion

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : For security reasons, do not share phone numbers on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Faye,

Same here. Two years in Poland. We may connect :):):).

Looking for to hearing from you:)

Rahel

I decide to join expat to make new friendsI am Ezéchiel living in Burundi