Looking for friends in Warsaw :)

Hello,

I moved to Warsaw several years ago but I still don't know that many people, being too much of a stay-at-home. My New Year's resolution this year was to change that and I'm working hard on it :)

A couple of words about myself - I'm 29, was born in Ukraine, spent my childhood in Siberia, graduated in Moscow and currently live and work in Warsaw.

I love foreign languages, computers, animals, reading and writing and I'm hoping to find someone with similar interests.

Apart from Russian and Polish, I speak English and French. I'm also studying Spanish, Italian and Dutch but those are very basic - I can read and write but have problems with speaking and a huge lack of practice.

If there is anyone interested in a chat over a cup of tea or coffee, drop me a line.

Thank you for reading the message and have a good day.
Anna

Hello Anna.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you for this introduction! :)

Aurélie

Thank you Aurélie :)

Hello Anne,

I moved to Warszaw two years ago and during this period I met a few friends and I would like to broad this circle. Recently, I had the lack to meet  some really nice people, they are a mix of foreigners and polish but there are no Ukrainians yet :).

I'm 39 (so far the oldest in this group of people :) )  born in Catania, Italy and I did my University studies in UK. I spend about 10 years studying/working in UK and after that I came to live here in Warszaw :). I work as a system engineer for a software company.

I am really happy to have moved to Warsaw and my plan is to live here. I started to study polish about 7/8 months ago and according to various feedbacks it seems that my polish is improving, however, I can't still really make a full conversation.
This means that I can speak Italian, English and basic Polish, in Russian I only remember the greetings and some numbers :)

This coming weekend we will probably go out somewhere so if you want you can join us in the centre of Warszaw or if you prefer we could just me first for a coffee. You may tell me how is like living in Siberia :). It should be pretty cold over there. Me.. I'm from the south of Italy which has a different climate.

Speak soon,
Flavio

Hello Flavio,

Thank you for your reply. It would be great to meet an Italian native speaker :) I have the same feelings about moving to Poland - it was one of the best decisions in my life. I feel at home here.

Can you please let me know when and where the meeting will take place? I would like to come and describe my Siberian experience (-55 degrees Celsium!)

Anna

Hello Anna,

Sure, it will be great to introduce a new person, we will probably meet somewhere near stare Miasto or Nowy Swiat but today is too early to say where and when. I will know more on Friday and will let you know :).

Keep in touch and see you soon!
Flavio

Hi Anna,

I moved to Warsaw after few years abroad and I am also looking to meet new people as I dont have a lot of friends here. Drop me a line if you would be up for a coffee sometime :)

J.

Hello Jeshyna :)

I sent you a private message.

Ania

PS Cute avatar :) I love moomins&co!

Got your message Anna and responded to it already :)

Hi Anna!

I am ASHIM.I am from India. I would visit Warsaw in the 1st week of september 2012.

I would like to chat with you regarding life in warsaw.

Regards

ASHIM

Hello Ashim,

If you have any questions, you can ask and we will all try to help you out :)

Anna

Hello Anna

i am moving to warsaw in sept, i am looking for some nice friend in warsaw,
to hand out and have some beer.

Thanks

Hey, guys!
I've been living in Warsaw for two years now and recently finished my studies. Since most of my groupmates are foreigners, many of them left home or elsewhere, while I stayed due to a job proposition. Anyway, it would be a great idea to meet more people.

My name is Andriy, and I'm also from Ukraine (that's right, you won't find lacking any of us here in Poland :P ). I'm a traveling enthusiast and quite fond of languages myself.

So you can count on me as well!

Cheers,
Andriy

Hello,

Maybe we should organize a meeting of the expats in Warsaw? What do you think?

Then we could all meet and chat :)

Yesterday I met several people from the site and it was great experience :) I'm looking forward to repeating it.

Ania

I was supposed to take part in yesterday's meet but unfortunately got caught up at work. If anyone is keen on repeating/taking part in a meet next week (maybe Wednesday?) please let me know via private msg.

If you could also send me your email address should you be keen to meet up :)

Hello Jeshyna :)

I would like to meet next week but I'm only free in the evenings on Tuesday and Friday. If either of those days is ok for you, drop me a line. Maybe someone else will join us :)

BR
Ania

Hi,

I am from Malaysia and I myself too would love to make some friends in Warsaw.

Please PM me if there will be any gatherings?

Thank you,

Cheers!

Fri works for me :)

Ok then. This is official now - we must meet :)

Dear all! Let's make an expat meeting next Friday, on 7.09.

I suggest 18.00 in Little Thai Gallery (very close to Swietokrzyska metro station).

?

Ok, let's meet for a good ole pub crawl ;)

Sounds good to me!

hi,

I am from Latvia and moved to Poland already 5 yrs ago, but to Warsaw only last year. It would be really nice to meet some new people here.

Greetings
Dace

Dace, you are welcome to join us next week.

To anyone who wants to come and taste Thai food next Friday:

please confirm you are coming (send me an email to anna.s.1983 at gmail.com) so that I could book the table ;)

Hi Anna,
I agree the meeting was nice this week.
We should announce regularly meetings and organize catch up occassions where new faces can join too.

Next Friday I will have guests from home so probably I will not be able to join.

Meli

Dear

I wish i can join you all but i am out of country.

i will miss you all :(

Hi Anna,

I've just moved to Warsaw (I just put a post on the forum) and would love to meet for a coffee or something if you're free. I live centrally but I'd be more than happy to check out a different part of the city. Or if there's a group outing or something I'd love to come along

Ceri

Hello Ceri,

This week we're having a little group meeting (5 or 6 people including myself). If you are free, you are welcome to join us. The meeting is in Little Thai Gallery (littlethaigallery.pl/) which is very close to the metro station Swietokrzyska. The meeting is on Friday, 7.09, at 18:00.

Hope to see you there :)
Ania

Hi there :)

I see that you have a lot of fun in my beloved city :). It would be great to join you since my Swedish forum shows no signs of life.

Have a good time down there under Baltic Sea :).

Dear friends,

Thanks for the great meeting last Friday - I enjoyed it a lot :)

If anyone is willing to repeat the experience, I suggest to meet next Tuesday, 18.09, at Nei Fiori restaurant (2 minutes from metro Raclawicka).

I will send you all an email in a minute :) If someone whose email I don't have wants to come too, please let me know at anna.s.1983@gmail.com

Hope to see you all soon :)

Ania

Hello there,

I am also interesed to come!! IŽm new in Warsaw .Please let me know where it will take place the next meeting!
Cheers.
Ionica

Hello Ionica,

I'm planning to meet some people from this forum on Friday, 21.09, at 18.00 at Nei Fiori restaurant (2 minutes from metro Raclawicka).

You can learn more about the place here: www.neifiori.pl

I'm not sure if anyone will come or if they will, how many people it will be, but I will be there anyway, so you are welcome :)

Ania

Hello
My name is Omar,
I have finished my study as computer engineer and now I will complete my master degree in Warsaw University of Technology.
Actually , it is the first time to me to travel abroad and really i don`t know any one in Warsaw and I am very lonely
I like sports and music in addition to computer of course, and I am very interested in camping and social activities .
In fact , I am looking for friends here and I hope to meet you .

Hello Omar,

We will have our next meeting on 28.09, Thursday, at 18.00 at Pari Pari restaurant.

Here's the link:

paripari.pl/

If you want to come, please confirm your arrival so that I could book the table.

Thanks.

Hi!
I'm new here, I'm polish not expat but I'd love to meet new people:)
Hope that you're having great time in Warsaw:)

Sylwia

Hi anna,

will be coming to warsaw for work this october 8th. i dont mind meeting up with you guys in the evenings. i speak engish so it would be great hanging out with the group.

fridah

So, do you have any regular meetings?

Im laura Im new to here!!! let me know if you want to meet up or if you already have some meetings =D

take care!

Hey,

Somehow I lost my subscription to this thread so I was not able to reply earlier.

We meet quite regularly now :) Our next meeting is this week, on Friday (26.10), at 18.00 in Przystanek Chmielna restaurant.

The address is Chmielna 24.

You are welcome to join  us - please let me know if you are coming so that I could book the table for the right number of people.

My email is anna.s.1983 at gmail.com

Ania

Nice! I'd like to come over and chat a bit. How can I recognize you?
Magda

Hello Magda,

Send me an email to anna.s.1983 at gmail.com, and I will give you my phone number so that you can find me :)

Ania