Finding a good Marrakech home for kitten - and vet recommendations

Hi there, this is my first post - it's good to find this form.

I travel to Marrakech frequently for work (I co-run a business running yoga and mindfulness retreats in Morocco) and on my last visit over New Year 2018/19, befriended a stray kitten living in the streets around the Riad where I was staying.

The kitten is around 4 months old, in good health (she had an eye infection when I was there, which, with help from my UK vet, I successfully treated with antibiotics) and with lots of potential to make a wonderful pet. By the end of my stay, I had developed a lovely bond with Sammy - she is affectionate and bright.

I am aware of SPANA in Marrakech and visited in whilst I was there earlier this month (January). However, I had a few concerns about taking the kitten, who I have named Sammy, to the SPANA centre - finding the cages in which they animals are held very small, and with no guarantee of finding her a good home.

My intention now is to a) ideally find Sammy a good home in Marrakech. Failing this, b) try to arrange for her to be homed in the UK. Either way, I am putting feelers out as to whether anyone on this forum based in Marrakech (or nearby) is looking to give a healthy kitten a loving permanent home, or knows someone who can.

When I return to Marrakech in March I intend to get Sammy neutered and fully vaccinated, and would also be looking to meet anyone seeking to give her a home.

My other question is to ask for recommendations for a reliable English-speaking vet.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks for reading.

Hi Lucia,

Welcome to Expat.Com  :)

perhaps you could post an advert in the Marrakech pets classifieds so that your search might get more views ?

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you - that is helpful.