Bringing cats into Morocco

I want to bring my two cats to Morocco from the UK.

The pet transport companies don't seem to deal with Morocco, so it will be up to us to arrange it if we fly. Our other option is to drive with them through Spain and possibly France.

Does anyone have any experience they can share?

Hello , welcome to morocco , about informations there is some animal shelter in Morocco they have experience with this so you can ask them through there page Instagram or using email of the shilter .

instagram.com/moroccoanimalaid

And this :

instagram.com/animalsanctuary_tangier

Have a nice time in Morocco .

I wouldn't bother if I was you....so complicated and very expensive.

Here is my whatsapp if you want more details....*********

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : For security reasons, do not share phone numbers on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Abo,

Thank you for trying to help bushrajanna. But if you have any information, kindly share it on the forum itself. It might be helpful for other members as well.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Royal Maroc Airlines have just changed their policy and no longer accept pets either in the cabin or hold.

I'm inquiring with Turkish Airlines.

The alternative is to drive them down, but it'sa long journey.

The health requirements are actually quite simple: rabies vaccine, micro chip, vet's certificate.

@bushrajanna

Hello! I was wondering if you managed to get your cats in in the end? We would like to bring our cats but they can't come via Royal Air Maroc.

Shukran!

@VictoriaBH

Why? I took my dog with Royal Air Maroc and it was all ok.

They are on the list of restricted breeds.

Bringing your cat to Morocco involves a few specific requirements and regulations:

1. Vaccinations and Health Certificate: Your cat must have up-to-date vaccinations, including rabies. A health certificate issued within 3 days of travel by a licensed veterinarian from the country of origin is required. This certificate must certify that your cat is free from contagious diseases for at least 6 weeks prior to travel.

2. Microchipping: It is mandatory for your cat to be microchipped for identification purposes.

3. Import Permit and Documentation: You will need to obtain an import permit from the Moroccan Ministry of Agriculture. This permit requires a current residential address, ID, rabies certificate, and vaccination record. Additionally, an international health certificate (Form 7001) endorsed by the USDA or equivalent authority in your country is needed.

4. Arrival and Health Check: Upon arrival in Morocco, your cat will undergo a health check by a veterinarian at the border. There's no mandatory quarantine if all requirements are met.

As for airlines, Lufthansa Airlines is currently the only pet-safe airline that provides pet shipments into Morocco. Pets transiting to Casablanca must first go through Frankfurt, Germany. Be aware that customs clearance in Casablanca might cause delays, and it's recommended to work with a customs agent in Morocco. However Royal Air Maroc also allow pets to travel depending on the size but you should contact each airline beforehand to find out their rules.

It's important to prepare all the necessary paperwork and check with the airline for any specific travel requirements for your cat to ensure a smooth journey.

Hope this Helps

Regards

Arif Esa

@Vakil

Hello, I was asking for information about bringing them via sea as I don't want to bring them by plane. Is this possible? The information online seems to suggest that by air is the only option.

@VakilHello, I was asking for information about bringing them via sea as I don't want to bring them by plane. Is this possible? The information online seems to suggest that by air is the only option.        -@VictoriaBH

Traveling to Morocco with pets via sea is indeed an option. The ferry services that connect southern Spain with northwest Africa can facilitate this journey. When considering this option, it's important to explore various ferry services, as they might have different policies and requirements regarding pet travel. It's essential to confirm in advance if the specific ferry service you choose allows pets on board. Additionally, stay informed about any specific regulations or requirements that these ferry services may have for traveling with pets to Morocco. This preparation can help ensure a smooth and comfortable journey for both you and your pets.

When bringing pets to Morocco via sea, the required documents typically include:

1. Health Certificate: Issued within a certain period before travel, certifying that the pet is free from infectious diseases.

2. Proof of Rabies Vaccination: The pet must be vaccinated against rabies.

3. Microchip: Pets should have a microchip for identification purposes.

4. Passport for the Animal: Containing details like vaccinations, microchip code, and deworming information.

But again, It's advisable to check with the specific ferry service for any additional requirements they might have. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, contacting the relevant authorities or visiting an official website is recommended.

When traveling with pets from England to Morocco via sea, it's important to consider the rules of each country you'll pass through, such as France, Spain, or Portugal, where you might catch a ferry. This means checking the pet travel regulations for each transit country, as they can vary. Planning your journey carefully, including the mode of transport to the ferry departure point, is crucial to ensure a smooth trip for you and your pet. (England reference is being used as an example)

Hope this helps

Regards

Arif Esa

@Vakil

Thank you, I assume the healthcheck still applies on entry to Morocco also.

No breeds are banned from entering this way?

Thanks again.

@Vakil
Thank you, I assume the healthcheck still applies on entry to Morocco also.
No breeds are banned from entering this way?
Thanks again.

-@VictoriaBH

Your Welcome.

Yes, the health check is still a requirement upon entry into Morocco, even when traveling by sea. This includes proof of rabies vaccination and a health certificate. As for breed restrictions, there are no specific breeds of cats banned from entering Morocco. However, it's always a good practice to check for any updates on regulations or additional requirements from the Moroccan authorities or the ferry service you plan to use. Safe travels with your pet!

Regards

Arif Esa

@Vakil

Thanks Arif much appreciated.

@Vakil I'll be vacationing in Morocco in two weeks and bringing my well travelled and fully vaccinated cat with me. I'm flying with Air Portugal, and entering Morocco through Marrakesh, rather than Casablanca. Some random websites claim that international entry is only allowed through Casablanca, but no government websites mention this at all. I tried contacting them, but never received any response to any question, so at this point, I'm just hoping for the best. Do you have any updated info on that?

Hi, for everyone else questions, Air France takes pets in cabin/cargo.

My question is, can I fly with my cat to Tangier directly?

Thank you