Au pair got pregnant😬

Hi everyone! I'm an au pair for 1 year now, and got pregnant( 11 weeks). Sadly, the father of my baby (norwegian citizen) doesn't want to support me on this because he said he's not ready yet. But despite of that, I still continue my pregnancy because i'm against abortion. I didn't tell my host family yet about my situation, but i'm sure if they know, they will cut my visa or contract as their au pair.
My question is: are there any chances or possibilities that I can stay in Norway now that I'm pregnant?
Thank you in advance! Godt nyttår😊

As I understand local law, the father has little choice but to support you - at least financially.

What that might mean for your immigration status is beyond my knowledge but I believe the child is able to obtain a Norwegian passport

Thanks for replying😊

Yes! My doctor said that also, that the father should support the baby financially because it's their law here.. But I still don't know how can I stay and give birth here  in the future because i'm sure my employer will cut my contract soon😞

Mypou wrote:

Thanks for replying😊

Yes! My doctor said that also, that the father should support the baby financially because it's their law here.. But I still don't know how can I stay and give birth here  in the future because i'm sure my employer will cut my contract soon😞

I'm unsure your employer can sack you for being pregnant

Hi everyone,

I posted here last week about my situation.. I'm an au pair here in Norway, snd got pregnant.. The father of the baby don't want to support me in this pregnancy(sad).. I already told my situation to my host family, but unfortunately they will send me back home to the Philippines soon(very sad).

My question is: Can I still receive a child support from the father of my baby even the child was born in the Philippines?? 

Thank you in advance!!!😊

The father has no choice but to support you, regardless of where you are, but you must get that sorted out immediately as, if he disputes parentage, you're looking at DNA tests or whatever.

As I said before, I'm unsure your employer can sack you for becoming pregnant - check the laws covering that as well.

Hi mypou! How are you? Did you give birth in Norway?