My Daughter Citizenship and Other Stuffs.

Hello to all, am from Manila Philippines, I'm married to a Norwegian and now we got a 10mos. Old baby. Am just a little bit confused on what should my daughter citizenship will be. Is there anyone knows?

My second concen is, that we are trying to apply for a visa so that me and my baby can visit Norway,. But one of the requirements in embassy is my husband's financial status.. The problem is he is not working anymore due  to his vehicular accident back in Norway, now he receive pension from NAV, but his pension is not that so big that he think it's not enough to support me and my daughter if we to Norway. Is there any other way?

Thank you in advance to all.

Hope you had a nice day.

Hello!!

I don't know about what you can do in your case. But we can try to support each other and be positive. I have a similar situation. I'm Mexican and my husband is Norwegian. We have a 2 years old daughter but my kid and me still live in Mexico. My husband is fine and has a job, but still does not earn enough. We will just try to apply for our permanent visa next time we meet anyways because maybe the government would make an exception for us to be together. I think you have good chances for an exception as well. I just tell you one thing to cheer you up: your kid has the right to get a Norwegian citizenship, since her father is Norwegian. I know this from the Norwegian embassy, in Mexico. So, I give you an advice, just try, you lose nothing by trying.

Good luck and God bless you!

hi gtstore327.

for your first concern: being born to a norwegian parent, qualifies your daughter as a norwegian citizen automatically. source: Norwegian by birth
same goes to being a filipino citizen, since you as her mother is a filipino citizen. source: Filipino Citizenship

....If one of your parents is Norwegian, you probably automatically became a Norwegian citizen when you were born. If your other parent's home country has the same rule, you will also be given that country's citizenship and you will thus have dual citizenship. This only applies if you automatically became a citizen of both countries when you were born, and not if your parents took any action (for example submitted an application or notification) in order for you to be granted the second citizenship....

in short, your baby is a dual citizen - both Norwegian and Filipino - since she is born to a norwegian father and filipino mother. source: Dual Citizenship (udi.no)
but since your daughter is living here in the Philippines, you must contact the Norwegian embassy or consulate regarding registering your daughter's birth.

hope this helps :)

for your second concern, about the financial proof.

first, is this for a visit visa? for a visit visa, your husband needs to sign a guarantee form and present income documents to the police as proof that he can sustain your accommodation, food, and other expenses while your in Norway. to be honest, it is really unclear as to how much the minimum required income is for the guarantor. i havent read anything about how much income is required, or what income counts for this. For my next visit visa, my fiance had asked the police how much is the minimum income requirement, coz we were concerned about it too, since he will be the guarantor for me and my daughter. but the police dont give a straight answer, and just stamp the guarantee form. I would suggest for your husband to go to the nearest police station, bring a filled-up and signed guarantee form along with income/pension documents, then wait for it to get stamped :P Once its stamped, then thats ok. source: personal experience and this link - Guarantee form for visits (udi.no)

but if this is for a family reunification permit (or immigration purposes), this is a different thing and i think more strict. Currently (year 2014), income requirement is NOK 246,136 in 2013 pre-tax (or NOK 242,440 in 2012 pre-tax).. but the income requirement changes every year, so you need to check this site for updated amount: Income requirement for family immigration

Here are the Approved income:
* income from employment
* sickness benefit, pregnancy benefit, parental support, disability pension or retirement pension from the National Insurance scheme
* other permanent pensions or periodical benefits (insurance payments or similar)
* introduction benefit for newly arrived immigrants
* loans or grants received in connection with studies
* If the applicant is already in lawful employment in Norway, the applicant's income can be included in order to meet the requirement.

However, below are Income that is not approved:
* social security benefits, housing support, work assessment allowance, any benefits you receive because you have children
* own funds (money in an account)

check with your husband if the type of pension he gets qualify as an "approved income", then the amount should be above what is minimum.

Hope this helps :)