Help! Advice needed

Hello

Me and my boyfriend are from the UK and have fallen in love with Haarlem. We would love to move there for 3 months to experience the city more.

My questions are:

Will we find it hard and expensive to rent for 3 months?

Are there jobs for us out there as we are only English speaking?

And any other advice is much appreciated !

Thank you

Katie

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Depends on your lifestyle and a bit of luck I guess.  For information about costs, the Numbeo website offers some information on that; this link will take you there.

Jobs will be more difficult if you don't speak Dutch; particularly if you're only looking for a couple of months; you can try the local uitzenbureaus (job agency), perhaps a local business may be looking for unskilled workers.  Certainly, long-range job searching doesn't seem to work the moment they realise you can't start work tomorrow and don't speak Dutch.

Somewhere to live ......... perhaps try AirBnB; I don't think you'll get many Landlords looking to rent for 3 months.  Other options - perhaps look for local camp-sites, many have mobile homes that may be available to rent out of season.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you very much !

One other thing I don't know why you chose the 3-months period to visit, but if you are in Holland for 90 days (or less), then you are classed as a tourist and can't work.