Hi, i am looking for mexican restaurants

hey everyone.
moved to hcmc a month ago.
does anyone know where i can have mexican food? :)

Hi BO1219 :)

I hope other members will show up with good recommendations soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hello, I don't know where could have a mexican restaurant, but I know where you maybe can find mexican people: the 5th MAY in the hard rock cafe saigon, at 9PM i think, it's a special spanish speaker party! Hope you can find a good recomendations there.

Hasta luego.
Esteve.

Mexico Lindo - 149 Ton That Dam Street

thank you:)

I've seen some things on the Black Cat menu,
but have only tried the burgers so far.
Hope to go back, though.

Also saw this on a review,
but have not been there yet myself.
Looks -- "muy interesante!!!"

Cantina Central is a stylish Mexican restaurant with a funky and comfortable upstairs eating area, also a suitable place to just hang out. It has a full range of Mexican dishes such as Burritos, Tacos and Tapas, along with some western specials such as steak. The upstairs balcony, just big enough for a small group of people, is a perfect location for an intimate glass of wine.

Black Cat - 13 Phan Van Dat St. T: (08) 829 2055. Daily 07:30-24:00
Cafe Latin - 19-21 Dong Du St. T: (08) 822636.3 Daily 08:00-24:00
Cantina Central - 51 Ton That Thiep St. T: 914 4697. Daily: 10:00-Midnight.

travelfish.org/eatandmeet/vietnam/saigon_and_surrounds/ho_chi_minh_city/ho_chi_minh_city/eat

Brother Donald

I personally think Mexico Lindo is overrated/overpriced.  Gringo's at 38 Ton That Thiep is okay, but still "meh".  The Mexican offerings at Black Cat actually aren't too bad.  The burrito is hearty, but missing a good cheesiness to it.  I lived in an area that had heavy Mexican influence in their culinary world for seven years before moving to HCMC, and I can say that nothing here has really come that close yet.  It sucks, but it might be a hard fact of life here in the city.  I'm curious if there are other suggestions though.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum. Please register to the business directory]

I prefer La Cantina.  They deliver and have employees that are very nice.

175/3 Pham Ngu Lao

Margaritas is beside La Cantina, but the owner is a jerk, IMHO.

I like the food at La Cantina too Saigon Tacos.  Please don't PM me with adverts.

(Moderated: no free ads pls)

After living in Southern California for 4 1/2 years and having awesome mexican food, it's been very hard for us to like mexican food on this side of the world. We've been doing our own mexican feasts at home with some corn tortillas I brought (frozen) last time I traveled and using the McCormick seasonings I've been able to find around town (enchilada sauce, guacamole seasoning, taco meat seasoning, refried beans, sour cream, mexican salsas, tabasco sauces, etc.) We also experimented making our own carnitas meat at home and I have to say it was pretty close to the one we are used to eat in California.

Good luck!

Should try the Mexican Food at this place, tasty & delicious

tripadvisor.com.vn/Restaurant_Review-g293925-d6748914-Reviews-Legends_Bar_Grill-Ho_Chi_Minh_City.html

“Turned Into a Girly Bar for Old, Single Expat Men!” (1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012)

Went there with my kids to eat some Mexican. Instead, all I got was an over-abundance of heavily made up bar girls trying to push various cheap beers on me. We were hungry and had to eat and the food stunk.

“THEY DONT HAVE MEXICAN FOOD ANYMORE” (1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012)

DONT GOOO>>>>>>they have changed to a LINDO Brewery..no more mexican food at all! The now just have burgers and chicken wings.

( http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevi … ml#REVIEWS )

Food, like fashions, is very personal and is more a reflection of the reviewers personal tastes.

trismgq wrote:

tripadvisor.com.vn/Restaurant_Review-g293925-d6748914-Reviews-Legends_Bar_Grill-Ho_Chi_Minh_City.html

“Worst food in Vietnam” 01/01/2015 ( http://www.tripadvisor.com.vn/ShowUserR … ml#REVIEWS )

trismgq wrote:

Seems the reviews shoot your recommendation down in flames.

[moderated: no free ads on the forum, please post in Vietnam Business Directory]

Taco Bich wrote:

[moderated: no free ads on the forum, please post in Vietnam Business Directory]

Bye bye

There is indeed a pretty darn good Mexican place in HCM. If I were not so lazy I would look it up. Been there, but can't remember the name or address. Only that the name does not fit well to a Mexican cusine. Just go on TripAdvisor and select Mexican cusine. They are rated very well. What I did when I first moved to HCM was go on TripAdvisor and simply go to the best rated place first and go down the list. As a footnote if you like some good food try " No Name Resturante". Fabulous food at a VNese price!