Distilled water in HCMC?

Does anyone know if distilled water is available in HCMC and if so, where I could buy some? Thanks.

Hi,Yep.. you can get it on To Hien Thanh street in district 10 (near Big C) by those lab'shop, water distiled once or double distilled (about 5000vnd a liter)
Or you can just distill it yourself..

@attiq-chohan - Can you please introduce yourself?

Thank you,
Aurélie :)

Saigonizer wrote:

Hi,Yep.. you can get it on To Hien Thanh street in district 10 (near Big C) by those lab'shop, water distiled once or double distilled (about 5000vnd a liter)
Or you can just distill it yourself..

Thanks for your reply. I know where the Big C is, but I'm not sure what you mean by "lab'shop". Could you give me any more details? Is there a store name, or a description of what the store(s) look like on the outside?

I put a mark on the map, I don't really know the exact number or name of the lab'shop, since I use few of them.
But you will see a lot of plastic liquid container outside of the shop (30Liters).

As for the Vietnamese translation:
Distilled water = nước cất
Distilled once or twice = 1 lần , 2 lần

[img]http://s7.postimage.org/lb8g915yv/Screen_Shot_2012_11_16_at_9_38_02_AM.jpg[/img]

Lab shop: selling all kind of Laboratory equipment and chemicals.
the shop selling the distilled water is the "ghetto" looking one...
pass by there, you won't miss it, on the right hand side coming from Big C.

Saigonizer wrote:

Lab shop: selling all kind of Laboratory equipment and chemicals.
the shop selling the distilled water is the "ghetto" looking one...
pass by there, you won't miss it, on the right hand side coming from Big C.

Found it, thanks again for the info and directions.

I googled the question and this site popped up, so im added to it. So for reference the address is 136 To Hien Thanh . Had to drive up and down the street before finding it.

Hopefully this will be helpful for someone else in the future.

Hi SG4life,

Welcome on Board :)

Thank you for the sharing of information but please note that this discussion is dated 2012 :)

Feel free to start a new topic on the Ho Chi Minh City Forum with all you questions or for any sharing of information :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

for anyone stumbling onto this thread... I am in Ho Chi Minh 2019... had to special order to get distilled water... it looks like this:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9UYJNcTrwahuBzaM8

Hey, do you know if they have it for drinking? Looks like the picture is distilled water for injecting, is this correct? I have a family member coming in with a 6month old infant that would like to know. Thanks.

I never found any distilled water for drinking... the people I knew weren't even sure what it was or why I would want it... so this "medical grade" was the only type they knew about

Drinking distilled water is a terrible idea, it will suck the electrolytes right out of you, leech minerals from your bones and feck up your blood pH. If you want to ruin your health with liquids, stick to bathtub gin.

You should  consider your idea to use distilled water for drinking. IN VN, there are some reliable drinking water for you like LA VIE'S, AQUAFINE (brandname of Cocacola) ..... then you can buy to drink at home. IN case you use this water for milk preparation, you can boil this water or warm it up.
In case you want to use distilled water for other purposes (ex medical purpose), you can find in market (https://www.mekophar.com/Nuoc-Vo-Khuan- … -115.htmlx)

Relax and do worry so much in HCMC brother.

Thanh

thanhnx73 wrote:

You should  consider your idea to use distilled water for drinking. IN VN, there are some reliable drinking water for you like LA VIE'S, AQUAFINE (brandname of Cocacola) ..... then you can buy to drink at home. IN case you use this water for milk preparation, you can boil this water or warm it up.
In case you want to use distilled water for other purposes (ex medical purpose), you can find in market (https://www.mekophar.com/Nuoc-Vo-Khuan- … -115.htmlx)

Relax and do worry so much in HCMC brother.

Thanh

AQUAFINA is "from the makers of PEPSI" Cola.

La Vie tastes too salty for me.

Dasani (local label unlike U.S.) is from the makers of Coca~Cola.

All three brands of purified water have added minerals for taste.

My preference for drinking is AQUAFINA.

Check at one of the larger pharmacies near a hospital for distilled water.

Yeah.... i made a mistake with the brand name. Then for drinking, we have some choice.

For distilled water, pls check google map for the street NGUYEN GIAN THANH, dist.10, HCMC then you can go there to find. This street is the whole sale pharmaceutical market. You can buy a distilled bottle here. If you buy a fews of bottle, check hospital near your home.