Requirements of Filipina for Marriage

Hi,

Can anyone help me, what are the updated requirements for a Filipina citizen to get married in Sri Lanka. My boyfriend is a Sri Lanka Citizen, we've been together for almost 5years and now decided to get married, due to some small issue my boyfriend family wants me to come this June to Sri Lanka and get married to my boyfriend.

I just want to know what are the documents needed, for me to be able to be married to him in their country. I've been there last 2016 for about 28days and now we decided to get married this June.

Please any info. would be of help for me..

Thank you and waiting for any response.

Arem :):)

Welcome to the forum arem.  :)

I suggest that your boyfriend finds out what documents are needed as he is Sri Lankan.
You could also contact the nearest Sri Lankan Embassy for information.

Website www.slemb.ph  they are in Manila.

Hi ate arem! I just want to know if i can talk with u. I have the same situation and i am really confused with the requirements etc. I will be marrying a sri lankan citizen this coming july and i am not yet confident with the documents that i have if i missed any.
Thanks so much.

Hi,,me and my fiance want to get maried in sri lankan embassy...just want to ask coz im filipina and his sri lankan...i just want to ask if do i need to attestation also here in dubai or Philippines autentication is ok already for cenomar and birth certificate...

Hi All,

If you are a foreign national who wish to marry a Sri lankan here in Sri lanka below are the required documents:
- Your civil status confirmation from the country of origin
- Your passport identity page copy
- Your passport Sri lankan visa copy
- Your birth certificate
- Government stamp fee

From the Sri lankan Partner:
- His birth certificate Original
- His Identity Card

Please note that there are regional marriage registrar for each district. Its important to use the specific registrar according to the area your marriage will take place

More info on the official government link below:
http://www.gic.gov.lk/gic/index.php?opt … mp;lang=en

Good luck,
Arshad

Hi,

How about if getting married in the Philippines, not in Sri lanka. Is it the same requirements for both? Or are there any additional requirements?
Please by chance if can answer.

Hi,

I saw your post regarding getting married too, but my situation is different. Because we are planning to get married in philippines. IS it the same requirements for both? Even if the location of marriage is in philippines?

Hey, can anyone help me here, I'm from the u.s and my fiancee is from the Philippines , we want to get married in Sri Lanka and would like to know if anybody here may have already done this or may have useful information , It would be greatly appreciated , Thanks : )