Open a small scale social business in Sri Lanka

Hi all!

I am currently exploring if it is viable to open a social business in Sri Lanka. It is supposed to be small scale, at least initially. I would very much appreciate knowing the legal options for me as a foreigner to make such an investment in Sri Lanka. Are there any special regulations for social businesses in contrast to normal profit companies?

Thanks,
M

Could you kindly let me know the area of interest. What kind of a social business are you eyeing at the moment etc.

There are restrictions on certain businesses [in terms of ownership etc].

Give me a rough idea over your expectations and based on that I can guide you through.

Best regards,
Zee

Ewokline wrote:

Hi all!

I am currently exploring if it is viable to open a social business in Sri Lanka. It is supposed to be small scale, at least initially. I would very much appreciate knowing the legal options for me as a foreigner to make such an investment in Sri Lanka. Are there any special regulations for social businesses in contrast to normal profit companies?

Thanks,
M

Hi Ewokline,
Welcome to EB and Sri Lanka! Would you kindly give us a small introduction of yourself first? :) Where do you live at the moment?
Regards
Mal

Hi Zee,

thanks for replying so quickly. I would like to give women who can tailor at professional level the opportunity to "be their own boss", thus they will act as own entrepreneurs, and produce clothing for me. If you need more details would share in more private occasion (email).

Thanks,
M

Hi Mal!
I do live in Sri Lanka, in Jaffna. Been here two years on and off with kids and husband.

Cheers

Ewokline wrote:

Hi Mal!
I do live in Sri Lanka, in Jaffna. Been here two years on and off with kids and husband.

Cheers

Thank you Ewokline :)

There are lots of procedures,please discuss with one of lawyer in Srilanka,and also contact and get details from immigration departments and BOI too. There are departments and its up to you that what type of business you wish to start!
thanks
jegan

Hi Ewokline,
I'm Harsha from Colombo. I am working as a CEO for a Logistics company and my wife running a small scale Garment factory. If you are looking to start a business here in Sri Lanka we may help you out to setting up one.
Please contact me on [email protected]
Rgards
Harsha

Hi Harsha,
that sounds brilliant! Thanks a lot. Will contact you soon via email!!
Cheers,
Maria

Hi Harsha
Welcome to Expat.com. As a newbi, will you please tell us about your expat life and what are your expectations in EB?
Regards
Mal

Hey Zeejay,

are you still there to help?

Cheers