Non EU family member of Romanian- visa application

Hi, Im married to Romanian and we wish to travel Europe but upon reading, i would need to apply visa. Has anyone here tried applying for a visa to European countries like Switzerland, Germany or Italy?

What requirements you submitted and how fast would they be able to release visa? We are from Timisoara so we needed to go Bucharest for that so an estimate of time we need would be great! Thanks!

From the experience I had with my Romanian residency, I'd say a few weeks to a month.

Really, i thought for family members it should be expedited?

I would call and check before you make the trip, but I'm not sure what their expedited criteria would be. I know for non-EU residency it took me about a month. And my wife's brother, who is also Romanian, about 4 weeks to get his passport renewed so he could keep working in England

I don't understand... if you are a family member of a Romanian then your resident permit should be sufficient to travel to the Schengen areas. Where did you get the information that you need a visa?

Today, the Schengen Area encompasses most EU States, except for Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania and the United Kingdom. However, Bulgaria and Romania are currently in the process of joining the Schengen Area. Of non-EU States, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein have joined the Schengen Area.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/schengen_eu_countries.jpg