Romanian family resident permit

hi everyone

i have a question to ask hoping you will all help me.so i am married to a Romanian and i got a 5year family resident card.i would like to visit any other european country however im confussed since the internet says i dont need a visa if im going with my husband and some say i need a visa.does any one have an idea if i need a visa or i can just use my romanian family resident card?? 

thank all.....

Hello velisima.

In meantime, you can read this article on Visa in Romania. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

What nationality are you ?

Dean_E wrote:

What nationality are you ?

hey.....im from kenya!

Ok,

each EU country has their own rules. With the residents permit you have the right to live in Romania, however this does not f#give you the right to visit other countries.

I suggest that you check with the Embassy (here in Bucharest) of the countries you want to visit.

I can supply you with contact details if required.

Many thanks

you can travel to any country with the romanian ID (euorpe only), but you have to be with your husband& you dont need a visa.

The EU says:

"If you are an EU national but your family members are not, they can accompany or join you in another EU country. They must carry a valid passport at all times and, depending on the country where they are from, they may also be required to show an entry visa at the border.

Your non-EU spouse, (grand)parents or (grand)children do not need to get a visa from the country they are travelling to if:

- that country is in the Schengen area (see list below) and they have a residence permit or visa from another Schengen country,

or

-they are travelling with you or travelling to join you and have a residence card issued by an EU country (except the country you are a national of). The residence card should clearly state that the holder is a family member of an EU national."

So, as Romania isn't in the Schengen zone the first exception doesn't apply. The second point doesn't apply either as your residence card will be for Romania and not for a country that your husband isn't a national of. As a result, you will need to apply for a visa for countries you wish to visit. It then goes on to say:

"If your non-EU family members need an entry visa, they should apply for one in advance from the consulate or embassy of the country they wish to travel to. Their application should be processed quickly and free of charge."

But even so, I should apply about a month in advance of travelling.

Thank you all very much for the great information.

you are all very helpfull.Thanx again

with residence card family can you travel to all eu countries but with a your husband  but Spain and Belgiun you can travel to it without a husband

HELLO VELISIMA.

Are you still living in Brasov.I'm in brasov and i want to talk to you, I'm originaly from Cameroon, but i'm an American citizen, my wife is Romanian.
I hope to talk to you.

Tongus02:)

velisima wrote:

hi everyone

i have a question to ask hoping you will all help me.so i am married to a Romanian and i got a 5year family resident card.i would like to visit any other european country however im confussed since the internet says i dont need a visa if im going with my husband and some say i need a visa.does any one have an idea if i need a visa or i can just use my romanian family resident card?? 

thank all.....

We are on the same boat.
and yes you can travel to any European Union countries without a visa. You can also work and study in any European Union countries without visa.
My husband already asked the immigration office here, and the immigration officers in the border.
You are good to go.

Cheers!

maria.pet2011 wrote:

The resident permit gives you the right to live in Ro. You should be travelling using your passport, cause the permit will not be accepted by other countries. It happened to us too in Bulgaria.
Each EU country allows any person to visit for 90 days from what I know. after the 90 days, you will need to leave and you can visit that country again only after 6 months.

It's 90 days within a 6 month period, not 90 days in an EU country then 6 months out. 

Other countries do in some way accept the residence card when traveling. When I travel, I of course have my passport but also show my residence permit.  The border police usually see that and pass me through the control without any questions or scanning/stamping my passport.

Anteeka wrote:
velisima wrote:

hi everyone

thank all.....

We are on the same boat.
and yes you can travel to any European Union countries without a visa. You can also work and study in any European Union countries without visa.
My husband already asked the immigration office here, and the immigration officers in the border.
You are good to go.

Cheers!

u mean (with her husband) right ? coz as i know .. she can travel (alone) only to Greece Spain Portugal Belgium Czech .

Hi all. Hoping I can get a bit of help.
I'm trying to apply for residency. I am a South African married to a Romanian.
How long does the process take?

It depends on what city you are applying for the residence permit. I knew someone who got it in a week. For myself, it took a month.

Thanks!
I guess I will have to wait and see.
If anyone has any knowledge of where I can go to get myself registered in the national health system, it would great because that is the last thing I need to do.

Thanks

Just to give an update. I got a temporary residence visa for 5 years. Regarding the health insurance, I had to get a private company, OMNISAG (if I'm not mistaken).
It took 4 weeks to get the residence card. I knew the date of collection when I submitted the application - they gave me a slip with a reference number and date on which I could collect it. This was in Bucharest.

*just be sure to collect the card between 2.30pm and 4.30pm. I went in the morning and was told to come back in the afternoon.

Im tunisiam married to romanian, i was having the same situation, so, you can visit any country in europe without a visa yo need only to be with your hasband,  dont forgot to take your passport and your resident permit, you can also get visa its free of charge if you wana go alone

Hi
I m married with roumanian  girl a year ago.can I travel with my residency to the other EU countries without  a visa. ?

plssssssssssssssssss guysssssssssssssss.. i want anyone to tell me clearrr how long it takes applying for the residance card .. pls pls pls  i just only want to know how much it takes .. pls pls pls pls anyone can answer me ???? i would be happy .. and iam gonna to marry in 5 of june than you alot

2 months to 6 months - depending on a lot of factors. What if the authorities think that this is a marriage of convinience, if you were not able to fully convince them during the interview. That could push your application down by a few months. But that is not what you want to hear, eh? The truth, normally nobody wants to accept. So I am gonna say 3 days, so you will be satisfied.

Ahmed, plssssssssssssssssss why don't you get the Romanian soon-to-be-wife of yours to make a few phone calls to the townhall, dept of immigration, Romanian embassy etc and get updated with the current state of affairs. Is this beyond her capacity? Things change in RO so often, and it is possible that whatever we say now, can change in 5 days.

You can ask the same question on different topics up here, but the answer & facts wont change to make it seem convenient for you.

Hello Velisima,
I urgently need your help based on your experience.
Did you finally travelled to Europe with your 5 years family Romania residence permit without a visa❓❓
And where you able to travel alone or with your spouse ❓❓

@ Lazr > This thread is quite old. I suggest you create a new one on the  Bucharest Forum where more members can view your posts.

Anas,
Expat.com Team :top:

velisima wrote:

hi everyone

thank all.....

Hi hi. May I ask how do you apply for your 5 year family resident card? I just got married with my Romanian spouse and we would really like to settle down instead of the maximum period of 90 days.. Please advice. Thank you.  :)