90 Renewal Process

Any tips and tricks on the best way to renew my 90 days.

Thanks,

Some1Likeu

Figuring out how to extend your tourist status is tricky these days.

1.  The new immigration law supposedly took effect in mid-2017, but not all government-processing offices may be proceeding at the same speed.

2.  If you do a Google search, you may be more confused than before because some sites discussing the matter have apparently been updated, others not so .. and there may be misleading information.

If you don't choose to work with a visa facilitator or an immigration attorney, your best bet may be to go (with translation expert if necessary) to the Cancillería in your city .. and get a list of the requirements for 2017 and beyond.

Beware of any Gringo who has had recent experience in a different city from yours .. and thinks he knows exactly what to do.  Requirements may vary from city to city .. day to day .. officer to officer.

cccmedia near the Ecuador-Colombia border (Rumichaca)

I agree with you, forget any advice on any site, or from any 'friend' I can guarantee the information will have changed, go to the official Government site and then double check that, by getting a Colombian to ring them and confirm, because in the past, I have have even found their site to be wrong.