Hello! I got an offer from a company in Moss, Norway.

I have read on internet that Norway is very expensive when it comes to taxes, food & living. It varies from person to person. If I talk about my family, It is just me & my wife. We live a moderately style of living, once a week outing kinda.

It would be grateful if anyone can help me with the monthly expenditure so that accordingly I may look for my earnings there.

In case of any questions to help me understand the things better, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

florida05 wrote:

I have read on internet that Norway is very expensive when it comes to taxes, food & living. It varies from person to person. If I talk about my family, It is just me & my wife. We live a moderately style of living, once a week outing kinda.

It would be grateful if anyone can help me with the monthly expenditure so that accordingly I may look for my earnings there.

In case of any questions to help me understand the things better, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Florida05! Congrats on the job offer! I have worked in Moss a few years ago it was a bit small but lovely town and yes it's really expensive here in Norway but it's up to you guys on how you budget your money.  As per stats, the recommended budget for a couple is at least 14,331kr for the subsistence rate, that's for general spending only. Housing expenses are not included in that 14,331 budget. Household expenses include renting, home-related debt service, housing insurance, municipal fees, fee, necessary maintenance, joint costs in housing associations and other necessary expenses for housing. Expenditure on electricity, heating and home equity insurance is not considered as housing expenses.

to summarize:

General spending for a couple : 14,331
House Rent: 8,000
Utilities: 1,500
Other expenses: 1,000
—————-
24,831kr /month

Here's a few links that might help you:

Cost of Living in Norway

Moss