Average cost of monthly "indian grocery" in Oslo

hello I'll be moving to Oslo in a couple of months with my husband and a 3year old daughter. I wanted to know what will be the approximately cost of per month grocery if I plan to cook meals at home. We are not into alcohol or smoking. It would be great if anyone can help me know the average cost of monthly "indian grocery" in oslo.

Thanks in advance!
Shubhi

You can shop for Indian food items in regular Norwegian supermarkets and Pakistani grocery stores.

For a family of 3 expect to spend around 4000 NOK monthly which is around 450 british pounds or so.

If you were to eat Indian food at a restaurant in Oslo, a bill for 3 would alone come up at around 100 british pounds for a three course meal...so there is a lot to safe if you cook at home and make your own lunchboxes or buy subsidized food from work. If you do not eat meat then you can perhaps get by with less than 4000 NOK monthly for the whole family.

While you can buy cheap lentils and reasonable priced rice then milk and yoghurt is expensive, and vegetables are medium priced at grocery stores.

Accommodation: NOK 10,000 monthly - this will be your single biggest expensive, and perhaps you can rent a flat slightly cheaper at perhaps 8000 to 9000 NOK monthly. For an idea, see this accommodation site:

http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/lett … eaId=20061

Please note that the few that cost 8000 NOK monthly are 1 room flats while a 3 room flat can easily cost 15,000 NOK monthly.

shubhi wrote:

hello I'll be moving to Oslo in a couple of months with my husband and a 3year old daughter. I wanted to know what will be the approximately cost of per month grocery if I plan to cook meals at home. We are not into alcohol or smoking. It would be great if anyone can help me know the average cost of monthly "indian grocery" in oslo.

Thanks in advance!
Shubhi

Hello Shubhi.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Oslo forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

thank you so much for the prompt reply. Really appreciate it !!

hi, i got a job offer in sandvika 360NOK/hr, is this salary would be enough to run a family life, 2kids(below 5 years)wife, pls. aadvice ASAP

thanks, mm

@mm7540 > you already had a similar post here >https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=313074 , please avoid duplicate post on the forum.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

[sorry for the off topic]