Martial arts in Ho Chi Minh

jonh_nathan wrote:
muay wrote:

i form thailand , live in phu my hung now

i try to setup muaythai club in phu my hung for me share some muaythai to all who interest, who can provide venue ?

thank you

if you guy have a place to practice then we can take part together, there are many parks in HCM we can share,please let me know if you guy interest in park then I suggest for location, i`m local people and know some quite park here.... I know nothing in muaythai, just have skill in teawondo and some china kungfu :D, hope can exchange new skills with you guy .

thank for you suggestion , any nice park in pmh ? next time i bring some training equipment to vietnam . we can start any time .

Newtoo wrote:

Hello Muay, I cannot provide a venue, but I could suggest we go to a park to practice if this would be ok?

no problem . like to share to your.

Yes! I live in phu my Hung on My An. Theres even a park right in front of my apartment building and near the rive too.. I am free throughout the day for me the best time is any where from 12-4... Lets meet this week, we can exchange and practice, I practice muaythai and brazilian jiujitsu, and interested in china gung fu and wushu..
my number is
Spencer

Newtoo wrote:

Yes! I live in phu my Hung on My An. Theres even a park right in front of my apartment building and near the rive too.. I am free throughout the day for me the best time is any where from 12-4... Lets meet this week, we can exchange and practice, I practice muaythai and brazilian jiujitsu, and interested in china gung fu and wushu..
my number is
Spencer

SMS to you alr.

can we make it on sunday ?
i have so many year pro muaythai exp .
and i fight wushu sanshou . bjj is no problem for me too but not that good .:)

muay wrote:
jonh_nathan wrote:
muay wrote:

i try to setup muaythai club in phu my hung for me share some muaythai to all who interest, who can provide venue ?

thank you

if you guy have a place to practice then we can take part together, there are many parks in HCM we can share,please let me know if you guy interest in park then I suggest for location, i`m local people and know some quite park here.... I know nothing in muaythai, just have skill in teawondo and some china kungfu :D, hope can exchange new skills with you guy .

thank for you suggestion , any nice park in pmh ? next time i bring some training equipment to vietnam . we can start any time .

I don`t know any park in PMH :( just know some park in TanBinh or dist 10, hope they not so far to your place

I am practising Wingchum. If you are interested in, send me an message. My email: [email protected]
Ali

jonh_nathan wrote:
muay wrote:
jonh_nathan wrote:

I don`t know any park in PMH :( just know some park in TanBinh or dist 10, hope they not so far to your place

tanbinh and dist 10 is too far for me.now i try to looking some place in dist 7 with cheap rent .

I called Mr Binh today and he said he no longer teaches Wing Chung Kung Fu as he is too busy. He said if changes he will let me know.

I have clubs to train Taekwon-Do (different Taekwondo) at Phu Tho (dis 11) and in dis 8. I was sent here by ITF Federation to develop Taekwon-Do ITF in Viet Nam. If you want to train martial art, welcome to me!

I visited this place yesterday, it seems nice. I think I will try Vovinam there. If anyone have practiced in this vo duong, what do you think about it?

phamlehuu wrote:

Hi,
Have you tried Vovinam? I would recommend the club in District 10. Add: 31 Su Van Hanh, d.10
Here's a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQWpLvBEV8g
Vovinam has other stuff too: self defense technique, art forms, not just leg technique. :D
Enjoy

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

Hi Muay,

I'd love to come and train with you guys. I'm a but rusty and not as flexible as I used to be,
But I'd love to train with a Thai again. What's your muay thai experience?

Adrian.

lostsouls wrote:

You can learn Wing Chun. This martial art was learned by Bruce Lee from the last Grandmaster, Ip Man before he created Jeet Kune Do.

http://www.wingchun.com.vn/indexE.htm

Have fun....:)

I've been searching all ova for a school but no luck! Do you know any?

Tuyen Vo wrote:

I prefer Tai Chi and Aikido. ^^  So excited! :)

I'm doing taichi right now and I like it. Hope ull like it too :)

Tuyen Vo wrote:
Newtoo wrote:

Im new to Ho Chi Minh from USA. I would like to train in traditional kung fu, I have a background in Muay Thai and Braz Jiu Jitsu, if anyone knows of a good place to train in vietnamese kung fu or, shaolin/ hung gar please let me know, thanks my email is [email protected]

I've ever been trained in Binh Thanh Dist. I saw that they have many classes including Vovinam, Shaoling, Wushu, Karate, Taekwondo, Akido, Tai Chi etc.

Address: 8 Phan Dang Luu St, Binh Thanh Dist, HCMC.

I know a class of a master of Wing Chung kungfu who ever lived in Europe for approx 20 years. Currently he works in Import-Export field and teaches Wing Chung kung fu at his home. I have his phone number. Let me know if you interested in.

In addition, do you know Tay Son Binh Dinh martial arts? It is kind of a local martial arts of my countryside- Binh Dinh province. I can find the address in HCMC if you want.

Please give me his numba..I've been looking all over for a place to learn wingchun

Hi, I've just come across this post. Have you found anywhere to practise yet? If you have I'm well up for it. Drop me a line!

Marc

Hello,

My name is Bryan. I am from San Jose, California and recently moved HCMC (Tan Phu district). 

I have 5 years of experience in Kodenkan Jujitsu and submission grappling.  If you guys a place to train, I could use a job as a private tutor.

Hi there,

I arrived in Ho Chi Minh a few days ago for my research project and looking forward to find some schools where I can train martial arts such as Vovinam and etc.

I went through the city today to looki for one school I found online and apparently it did not exist anymore...:(

Was wondering may be somebody knows if that place where they teach Vovinam in 10th district still exist? or may be any other place I should check out.

Its been a bit tricky to find places since the city and orientation very new to me.

would appreciate any help,

Masha

Hi Mashamaria

The school in District 10 still exist and seems to be very active. The space is pretty small, and it seems to have many students, especially in the afternoon.

I don't remember all the details, but there's 1 session in the morning from 5:45 to 7, and 2 sessions in the afternoon.

The price is 120.000 VND a month for 3 lessons a week, and you can choose to learn on monday + wednesday + friday or tuesday + thursday + saturday.

I intended to learn there but due to health problems (and laziness) I'm still not practicing. But, yeah I'll do it :D

Hi Flo,

great !!! Thank you SO much for such quick replay and info!!!

Will defiantly go there tomorrow!!

Thanks!!!

Mashamaria wrote:

Hi there,

I arrived in Ho Chi Minh a few days ago for my research project and looking forward to find some schools where I can train martial arts such as Vovinam and etc.

I went through the city today to looki for one school I found online and apparently it did not exist anymore...:(

Was wondering may be somebody knows if that place where they teach Vovinam in 10th district still exist? or may be any other place I should check out.

Its been a bit tricky to find places since the city and orientation very new to me.

would appreciate any help,

Masha

Why do you like to train Vovinam ? it`s not to be a best reason to train in martial act as i see, my brother was a trainer in Vovinam previous but if you prefer to learn then come straight this address: 31 Sư Vạn Hạnh st, dist 10.

it`s a original place of Vovinam.

Enjoy your lessons, any question please feel free to ask...I`m local people, hopefully can help with information

Cheer
J

muay wrote:
jonh_nathan wrote:
muay wrote:

thank you

[Moderated: Please post an ad in the Classifieds section]

Hi,

finally someone find a place for MMA or Thai boxing?

many thanks

amcnamara wrote:

Hi Muay,

I'd love to come and train with you guys. I'm a but rusty and not as flexible as I used to be,

Adrian.

this is some of my experience in muaythai,

Captain of Malaysia National MuayThai Team
2006 Champion of Muay Thai All Langkawi Championship
2007 Malaysia Wushu Sanshou Champion
2008 Malaysia Wushu Sanshou Champion
2009 Malaysia Wushu Sanshou Champion
Champion of Muay Thai Ultimate Warrior Selangor 2008(75kg)
Malaysia Muay Thai Champion 80-90kg
2009 Training in Bangkok ,Koh samui , Haiyai,Phuket
2010 Thailand Haiyai Championship Winner
2010 Malaysia National MuayThai Team and Team Captain IFMA World Championships
2010 AMAE Muay Thai Champion
World MuayThai Council Khan MuayThai 5rd
Southern Eagle Referee Course ,Haiyai Thailand
Deputy Chairman Of Dragon Muaythai Club
Manager Of Dragon MuayThai Team 

wish i can shear some experience to who like muaythai

Hi Muay,

very nice, can you teach me private class?

Elias

huraaa...i`m back, if you guys would like to learn this teacher then i will get in touch with him to have further schedule, he teach nunchaku in District 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HISKBjaCeqQ

Please let me know if you are interest, we can join together

Cheer

Hmm maybe true one here, he has many experience with Muay, it will be great if you can help people practice

muay wrote:
amcnamara wrote:

Hi Muay,

Adrian.

this is some of my experience in muaythai,

Captain of Malaysia National MuayThai Team
2006 Champion of Muay Thai All Langkawi Championship
2007 Malaysia Wushu Sanshou Champion
2008 Malaysia Wushu Sanshou Champion
2009 Malaysia Wushu Sanshou Champion
Champion of Muay Thai Ultimate Warrior Selangor 2008(75kg)
Malaysia Muay Thai Champion 80-90kg
2009 Training in Bangkok ,Koh samui , Haiyai,Phuket
2010 Thailand Haiyai Championship Winner
2010 Malaysia National MuayThai Team and Team Captain IFMA World Championships
2010 AMAE Muay Thai Champion
World MuayThai Council Khan MuayThai 5rd
Southern Eagle Referee Course ,Haiyai Thailand
Deputy Chairman Of Dragon Muaythai Club
Manager Of Dragon MuayThai Team 

wish i can shear some experience to who like muaythai

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum + register yourself into Business directory]

Hello all,

did someone find nice places to practice Wing Chun, Kung Fu or Vovinam in HCMC?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

(Moderated)

Hi, I read your post about learning martial arts. Me and my friend would like to train somewhere (total beginners!) You mentioned karatedo and taekwondo? Lots of Kids at our school train in D7 but it seems to be for kids? Any ideas? :)
Daniel.

Dragon Muay Thai in Sky Garden 3. I can post the address and more info if needed. You can train Muay Thai, BJJ, and I hear that there is some grappling classes right now. The BJJ sessions are more of a club rather than a class.
There is really no official schedule for the classes right now. The main Muay trainer has been out of the country for a bit, so I think this has changed the class schedules quite a bit. I have been going in up to 6 days a week (Sunday the gym is closed) after 6:30pm for Muay Thai and 8:00pm for BJJ. I think professionals train in the am. Here is the link with some more info facebook.com/groups/dragonmuaythaivn/. Anyone can contact me if they need any more info about the gym.

Chao cac ban.
Does anyone know a Martial Art school near Le Van Sy?
I am looking for some vietnamese Martial Art like Vovinam, vo binh dinh, Thieu lam, v.v.
It would be nice to have some other adults training there. What about the courses at university? Is it possible to join the classes without being registered and as a foreigner?
Otherwise I will check Trung tâm thể dục thể thao quận Bình Thạnh.
Thanks alot

In case you are open to something else than Vietnamese martial arts I could invite you to Original ITF Taekwon-Do (don't confuse it with the Olympic taekwondo). There are classes at Hong Bang university at 3 Hoang Viet street, or call 01235749130.
Cheers,
Mariusz

NguyenVanToff wrote:

Chao cac ban.
Does anyone know a Martial Art school near Le Van Sy?
I am looking for some vietnamese Martial Art like Vovinam, vo binh dinh, Thieu lam, v.v.
It would be nice to have some other adults training there. What about the courses at university? Is it possible to join the classes without being registered and as a foreigner?
Otherwise I will check Trung tâm thể dục thể thao quận Bình Thạnh.
Thanks alot

waaa...is that you ? I remember that you`ve asked me for renting home, sure...I can know exactly where should to go for practicing any kind in this city, there is no place in Le Van Sy...but there is one in CMT8, I possess level 2 black bell of Teakwondo, also know a little bit of Vovinam, Taichichuan... I used to learn at Pagoda when was a child here, I hope we can join some class.

@ msteka: Thank you very much for this information. I have seen a couple of videos on youtube about you and your school. Impressive! I will definitely visit you when I am there. I like ITF-Taekwon-Do very much.
But I also will try to find some Vovinam. Since I am already training some vietnamese kungfu in germany I would like to improve this style in Vietnam. The motherland of my grandmaster.

This style I am training in Germany is Qwankido/Quan Khi Dao. It is mixed style. Some parts from Vovinam, some from Shaolin, aso.
I would prefer to keep on training this style but there is no school in tphcm as far as I know.

@jonh_nathan: we definitely should meet in tphcm. I hope you can show me some interessting and nice places in your city.

Hi sir,,

If i read your post correct the muay thai training starts at 18h30 ..

Do you have any idea about the price ?

Thanks in advance

You can try a session for free. You can pay per session, or pay monthly (1.5 mil.), or for 3 months (4 mil.)at a time. Might seem expensive compared to some schools that have traditional martial arts structure. There is a lot of one on one work with very experienced trainers. A lot of focus is placed in developing correct technique. In most other circumstances you would pay a lot more to train Muay Thai, BJJ, and Mma type grappling. I find the environment also very friendly and accommodating to beginners.

Thanks for the info ,, i will go and have a look tonight

I don't know if you are still out there , the message is old, but if you are I am in Binh Thanh District and would like to train in Wing Chun. Is the instructor still teaching?

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks,

Bruce