Latin dance scene

Hi!  I'm currently trying to decide where to move, and am having a tough time!  One of my major hobbies is dance.  I love to dance bachata and salsa, as well as learn other types of (primarily) latin dances, such as zouk and kizomba.  I'm not an extremely talented dancer by any means, but it is something that I enjoy and would like to continue doing once I move.  Does anyone know anything about the latin dance scene/availability of dance classes in different areas of the DR?  (I'm kind of leaning toward Santiago de los Caballeros, but it's really up in the air right now!).

Also, to work out I mainly do zumba, so any info regarding zumba classes or group fitness classes there would be great!  I feel like there may not be many options, but I could also be mistaken as I've only been to Santo Domingo and Punta Cana. 

Thank you!

The dr  isn't much of a salsa place, and often even those who try to tell you they can salsa, really can't.  There are some teachers though, but the only ones I've seen were really expensive.  At home I can get a real Cuban to teach for a cheaper price.  In the dr, they only have a 'gringo' price.  Then too, you can find many places to dance it.

Yeah, I figured finding actually classes would be much more difficult to find there than here in the US, but I'm hoping someone proves me wrong hahaha.  Thanks for your input!

Depending where you are in the country there are some fabulous salsa dancers. However not many dance salsa international or cuban style. The dance Dominica  style.

Bachata is big of course but bigger in some areas then others.

There are lots of teachers around, i know quite a few. Lots of.good.places to dance in Santiago.

Zumba etc depends on the neighborhood you live in and or gym you choose to go to.

Ive not found dance classes here to be expensive relative to US prices!.

By the way, i am a dancer. Normal is going out twice a week and three times is even better!

This is probably a stupid question, but what is international style? 🙈 I do remember the salsa being different from what is taught here, but it reminded me a lot of the way a lot of South Americans I know dance.

Anyway, it's nice to find a fellow dancer 💃 😁  Are there any specific places you would recommend? Thanks again!!!

Salsa international for the woman means right foot back. 

Salsa dominicano for the woman means right foot forward.

Recommendations change depending where you are, when you are there and what you are looking for.

One warning - a single woman should not go out alone. Until you know people and become very comfortable in a particular place do not go dancing alone. It sends the wrong message here.

Happy to show you around if we are in the same place at the same time. I am on the north coast but go to santo domingo regularly.