Driving Instructor in Manama

Dear All,

I am looking for a reliable driving instructor in Bahrain and would appreciate any recommendations.

I am not getting the license here, but I do need to learn to drive to pass the practical test in the UK (that's where I am getting the license from :D)

Also, is it okay for a woman to go with a male instructor? I've had a really sleazy driving instructor in another country and wouldn't like to repeat experience here lol

Thanks for your attention!

The driving instructors here are sleezy. If you are taking your test in the UK then you need to learn to drive there. The lessons here are totally different and you are on the wrong side of the road. Learning here just doesn't make sense. The UK test is very difficult

Thanks Josnuggles!
I think I should probably take both classes and test here as I am going to drive here. Plus flying to the UK for classes/test is a bit pricey!
What is the first step to do?

My company has driver who has 24 years experience in Saudi Arabia and we are in Bahrain together.  He has valid Saudi Driving license (and also I have) and we are allowed to drive in Bahrain.

xxxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : This information could be illegal
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am afraid that would not be legal here in Bahrain, you may have to take classes/coaching from an certified instructor only.

Yeah, I'd rather go the legal way.

My driving classes stalled for ages because it took ages to get a CPR, but now I have the learner's license and have a theory lecture booked for the next week.
How do I find a driving instructor? I mean do I get in touch with them directly and sign a contract, or is it done through a school (maybe even through the Directorate)?
Any advice would be appreciated! They weren't too talkative at the Directorate, which is fair enough, they seem very busy.

A list of driving instructors is displayed right beside the canteen on the Bulletin Board. It has telephone nos of all registered driving instructors, their areas/governorate etc. You can call them directly or you can directly approach the instructors who are giving driving lessons at that point of time in the driving school when you are there. Either way the Traffic Directorate is not of much help.. After you finalize an instructor - he will sign his name and put his stamp at the back of the driving record book. You have to get is stamped by the traffic directorate too..

I was very fortunate to get a very nice & helpful driving instructor in Mr. Mohammed, Car No. 408. Telephone no. ***

All the best.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

HELLO !

unfortunately, to get Driving lessons in Bahrain you must apply for a "Learning Driving license Card", (which you can't apply for if you don't have a Bahraini ID card), (which you can not have if you were a tourist).

anything not included would be illegal. for any farther information visit the MOI website https://www.traffic.gov.bh/

Thanks a lot for this information.
Someone recommended me an instructor so it will hopefully work.

Hey, I thought I'd update here as I passed me exam.
The forum was really helpful because a couple of users wrote about their experiences and I knew what it is going to be like.
It was also helpful to find a good driving instructor - I am a true beginner driver without much experience or understanding of cars, so I really needed someone, who'd teach me how to drive.
The exam itself isn't difficult -a round inside the school, a round outside and parking. It took me an hour from my arrival to the Directorate to getting the license. At that most of it, I was queuing for different things.
So, if you don't have a license, I think it's worth investing in getting one here.
It's 35 BD for the paperwork and other things in the beginning.
22 hours of driving lessons by 7BD an hour - 154 BD
10 BD to book the test
20 BD for the license, if you pass the test.
If you fail, you need to take 8 more hours and book and exam again.

Hi Amaroq,

I will be moving to Bahrain in November and unfortunately have left getting a license here in Ireland too late. Can you advise what driving instructor you used to pass your test?

Thank you!

Hi guys.. could you pm me the details of some really good instructors. Need details of both male and female instructors for me and my wife.

Thanks in advance

Hi @navinbhas,
Driving instructor i'm learning from:
Mr. Hasan
He is a good guy.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum. You may exchange them through the private messaging system.

Hi @qrizwani
Thanks for the details. Does he charge for individual hours or he takes 1 hour and charges for two?

Most of them whom i spoke to would take 1 hr and charge for 2.

That's the main reason i called him good, he will give you 2 hours teaching. ☺
my 4 friends too learned from same trainer.
He has toyota corolla ( same we have while giving test)

Hi Guys.

I finished my test today and passed at first attempt,,,, !!!!!

Congratulations! Drive safe.

@qrizwani Hi Bro,

Could you please PM me Mr. Hassan's contact details. TIA :-)

Hi,

I am looking for a reliable driving instructor in Manama and would appreciate any recommendations.
If he can pick and drop me from my house, it would be all the more better.

Thanks

Very old thread, im sure if anyone has info they would reply back, meanwhile visit the link below, you can get a list of drivers you can speak to them
https://services.bahrain.bh/wps/portal/ … BIS9nQSEh/