Does anyone still Use this site?

I just joined but I feel a little disheartening when I see how many people are looking at these articles but not writing anything back.

Is there a better place to ask questions? Perhaps FaceBoook?

It would be so nice to know a little more about T&T,
what its like to live there,
food,
culture,
art,

Mixing in with everyone?

It would be fantastic to get some insides to the life in T&T

I'm living in London, a lovely mixed community. I always find it amazing that in a small street you can walk past 10 different nationality's
Apart from the crowed feel and fast paste and of course the expenses I don't mind it so much.
Now my partner has been given the opportunity to work in T&T, so we are going to see if we feel we could live there. From what I read and see I think I would love it very much.

I'm still a little worried that I might not be granted a Visa for 1 year but I'm keeping my optimism. I just can't wait to visit.

If you have any suggestions on what is a MUST see I'd love to hear.
:)
Thank you

Never been there but i saw some TV shows about T&T .Nature is very beautiful there .T&T has many kinds of beautiful birds.

Welcome on Expat.com VFCG,

Can you please have a little patience, cause am sure some members will bring their inputs very shortly ;)

Regards

Yes, I am a Dutchman currently living in Curacao, and married to a Trinidadian woman. I know TT quite well, have visited family about 20 times, and seen the entire island, know its culture and people well. I can certainly recommend it. However....

The pros:
very friendly people and a nice mix...hindu and african, but all sorts of other as well.
Beautiful nature, however depending on where you live of course...Port of Spain is a dense and dirty capital with lotsa concrete. Centre and south are more sparsely populated.
Fast paced in terms of business if this is what you like
The food!
Access to Tobago, a nature lover's paradise
Carnival

Some cons:
Crime is very bad, apprx 500 murders a year on a population of 1.3 million
Traffic is very bad, especially around PoS
Weather, warm but often rainy

Summing it up: Great place to live but the crimerates would hold me (and my wife) back in finding a job and life over there....

Hope this helps!

Gijs.

Hi Dear,

I just joined this website, just to help people like you.  Check my profile and you will see information about Trinidad and Tobago.  I am a mother of 3 girls, [Moderated: Purely promotional]
Sharon Parris