Common Project Developement

Because two is better than one, this is for anyone interested in creating a new business anywhere in Hungary. Whether to develop a new idea, producing and marketing a new device, or offering skills and services, let's put our energies together! Some have ideas but may not have the resources needed, and to work with like-minded individuals is more motivating than doing everything solo. This is for Designers, Artisans, Architects, Engineers, Thinkers, and Creators. This is for people that want to do something for real!

If you ever do get this off and running, my husband is a retired aerospace proto type machinist with decades of experience and was trained in HU in the 1960's, old style for 4 years of machine classes.
He wouldn't like to work often but I know he would be very interested in part-time experimental stuff, master at the manual lathe, mill work too.
Only problem is is handmade tools are in the US not here.
He might actually be willing to make a set of tools again by hand.
We would not be interested at all in any financial investment, too old to start a new business but willing to offer some skills if needed, he is not an engineer but almost...Very good a figuring out problems and solving them.  Got a 19th century lathe up and running, not easy to figure it out but my husband got it running and making parts perfectly, he also knows machinery repair, bought second hand machines from Sandia Labs in NM, redid the motors, rewired the machine engines, painted the machines etc. We used them for a bit then resold them, the big money was in reselling the fixed machinery, more then actually getting paid for 3rd hand machine jobs.
He was working one on one with a HU engineer in Hawaii who had designed a new diesel engine, this HU had many investors in his business, my husband worked half for stock and half for pay, this was 25 years ago and so far we have not received any royalty check, guess this man has either passed away or never got his engine pat. going.
Something new and exciting to help others sounds like a plan, my husband got a couple of tiny side jobs in Vegas redoing custom back braces for a doctor, made heart/lung pumps for surgeries etc. He loves making things that help humanity, sad thing was the real money was in making the war machines... He made parts by hand for the Challenger... sad it went down.
So if anything comes of this, maybe he would be handy at least it would keep his brain sharp.

THOR-AGENA wrote:

Because two is better than one, this is for anyone interested in creating a new business anywhere in Hungary. Whether to develop a new idea, producing and marketing a new device, or offering skills and services, let's put our energies together! Some have ideas but may not have the resources needed, and to work with like-minded individuals is more motivating than doing everything solo. This is for Designers, Artisans, Architects, Engineers, Thinkers, and Creators. This is for people that want to do something for real!

Sounds like advertising for investors  to me.   I think the moderators will move your advert.

THOR-AGENA wrote:

this is for anyone interested in creating a new business anywhere in Hungary.

OP: Have you ever done business in Hungary before? For many reasons, I doubt it. But willing to be proven wrong if you can name prior investments.  ;)

Hi Marilyn,

Without knowing your husband, I kinda 'know' who he is. I remember walking in extra-early in the shop one morning with a broken hand to fabricate myself a custom stainless steel  brace lol. Later on, and to my surprise the doctor did not find anything wrong with my home-made-self-patching-device. Instead asking me for my contact info to make prosthesis. Your husband must be self-patching also? Anyways welcome aboard! Machining is one thing I do not do and could be of great use depending on the project :)

@Admins please remove post #3, and #4. Trolling, and/or off-topic.

THOR-AGENA wrote:

Actually fluffy's comment seems quite accurate.  If you are looking for business partners in Hungary, you should post an ad in the CLASSIFIEDS --> Business Partners section of the site for better results, rather than the forum.  Adverts in the forum are typically not welcomed, per the Hungary Forum Code of Conduct.

I have asked a moderator to address the topic if deemed necessary.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

THOR-AGENA wrote:

Asking if you have done any business investments in Hungary already is a normal, rational, and sound business question. Thus entirely on topic since you are inquiring about business opportunities in Hungary.

Hi THOR-AGENA,

The forum has been created to discuss on expatriation.
Hence, i invite you to post your advert in the appropriate section : Hungary classifieds > Business partners section.

Thank you :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

[ Topic closed ]

Closed