Pathetic Singles Xmas gathering?? LOL

Hahahaha

Ok, let me be clear : that subject-heading bears neither offence nor insinuation.  It's just the first thing that came to mind for "naming" my Xmas-idea.   :D

I just moved to Panama a few weeks ago. Made a few friends already (mostly locals).

Xmas is a family-event, so, naturally, people will be spending time with families.  Most expats have already gone home for the Xmas celebrations.

I don't feel like spending this Xmas covered in snow, so I decided to stay here in Panama.

With nothing to do this Xmas, I'm thinking of organizing an event for those of us who are not going back home, and are kinda stuck here --- no friends, family, what-not   :)

Anyone interested?

Where in Panama?

Sounds great!  My name is Kim and my husbands name is Ken from Canada. SNOW,  no thanks. We are also here for the holdays. Come to "fast friending " event on Wednesday Dec 16th at 7:30 pm.( sorry I forget location but will get back to you in uno momento )
Kim
Okay found it!
It's at La brasserie in El Cangrejo.
Hope to see you there!
Salud!
Kim

Hiya Kim

Whereabouts in Canada are you from?  I'm from Toronto :=)

I know that place you mentioned, in El Cangrejo. Never been there, though.

As regards "where in Panama"...............I don't know. The idea is to "organize" something, assuming enough people are interested.

in my experience, such "ideas" never even get off the ground, as it takes a lot to goad people into actively taking part in anything. Which is why I posted first. If enough people are interested, then "time and place" can be set.

I am from Ottawa. What's your name? I will look for you on Wednesday.
Kim

robertakim wrote:

I am from Ottawa. What's your name? I will look for you on Wednesday.
Kim

The name's Steve :)

See you on Wednesday

I don't know how willing people are to travel all over the place though, so I wondered if you had a general location or city in mind.

We are in David in a neighborhood that is a lot of fun for Christmas. If anyone is at loose ends around here, get in touch and we could include you.

Kris

newbietoCA wrote:

As regards "where in Panama"...............I don't know. The idea is to "organize" something, assuming enough people are interested.

in my experience, such "ideas" never even get off the ground, as it takes a lot to goad people into actively taking part in anything. Which is why I posted first. If enough people are interested, then "time and place" can be set.