Cab is expensive...

I am new to Riyadh and I dont have car... If i want to go somewhere...I have to take cab.. and I must tell you, cabsa are really expensive. And most of the drivers don't know the places. I had to tell them the way with the help of my phone GPS...  :o

You are right. That wasn't the case 3-4 years ago though. Starting from SAR. 10, I don't remember anytime to pay more than SAR 30 for the farthest distance within Riyadh regardless of Traffic jams; mostly paying 10-15 only.

That's not the case anymore though. Seems like starting price of 10 is almost non-existent anymore. A few weeks ago, I had to give my car for service and paid SAR. 40 on my way back. The distance was around 15 Km although it took 40 minutes through Traffic Jams to reach.

I don't want to advocate for cab drivers but development work for Metro Riyadh has put a huge pressure on already packed traffic situation. Also, a few months earlier there were news for metered cabs to be compulsory within next 3-6 months. Anyone has any update about it?

azfar789 wrote:

I am new to Riyadh and I dont have car... If i want to go somewhere...I have to take cab.. and I must tell you, cabsa are really expensive. And most of the drivers don't know the places. I had to tell them the way with the help of my phone GPS...  :o

If you have driving License than go for Rent a Car,you can find old models car in 50 SR/day

I don't have driving licence yet... 😊

azfar789 wrote:

If you really have experience in driving and license from your home country, it's quite easy to get. If you don't have license but drives fine, you will get 5 days classes. At the end of which you will be tested and get the license on same day.

skhurram007 wrote:
azfar789 wrote:

If you really have experience in driving and license from your home country, it's quite easy to get. If you don't have license but drives fine, you will get 5 days classes. At the end of which you will be tested and get the license on same day.

yes.. i have indian driving licence and i drive well Alhumdullilah...   :)   I will try to get the driving licence here soon...  :)

Have you tried UBER? I usually find them cheaper than taxis.

I'd say uber is great, I didn't use it here in Ksa yet. However, about the safest option for transportation still the cab or taxi, there is a sort of code you need to use it with taxi drivers in Jeddah and Riyadh, just you practically need to negotiate for the best price with cap drivers and just don't make any move, they're already prefer you'd do it all in once through the open window, until you feel really sure you've got the fair price, my friend, most of them doing business deals, such case by case, they're humans working for food either.

Next time be cool 😎 trying to do it

Best,
Ahmed