Finding job as a nurse in Norway

Hello,
I am from Macedonia originally, but now i am in Norway. I am on my job seeker permit so i can stay here for up to six months to find a job as a nurse. I already have an authorization for nurses and i am very good with the Norwegian language. I also have three years of work experience in my old country.
So my question is do i have a high chance of getting a job here? Also which places are the best for finding job and accommodation. I was thinking about going to the north Norwegian cities like Bodo or Tromso where it is cheaper and there aren't as many immigrants as in Oslo but i am not sure. If anyone knows something more about this i would be delighted to hear.

Yes it would be very easy for you since you are good with the language. Usually you can check the website of different kommune in your target area as they post many vacancy regarding healthcare jobs.

Hi, if you try to ask for a job in hammerfest im sure you will get it right away as far as I know if u get it they will send you to hasvik because the main hospital here in sørøya is in hammerfest..they always need people to work here..and its more cheaper to live in hasvik just try to search...

I want to come to Norway. you solved? I'm Nurse:)

hi,am from Kenya living in norway now,anyone who has applied to sak for authorisation?especially from outside the EU or area

I have received my authorization already but during the time i applied (august 2015) they were still using the old method which is the manual sending via post. What i did was just submitted what was in their list which is mostly our degree credentials, license, and work experience certificates.

I only applied for helsefagarbeider/general healthcare worker and not as a nurse because we all should know, our education from our home country is different from the curriculum here in Norway. Therefore one should accept that we may not be qualified for the same entitlement of profession that we have in our country.

note: It is 4 years including all summer in the Philippines plus passing the national licensure examination to acquire a license after graduating. And i have come to accept that this years is not up to the norwegian standard of nursing education.

As mentioned by the school councilor in EVO/kommune at my area, many have applied for authorization that is equivalent to their studies back home but were turned down and they just wasted the money they used to pay as it is not refunded when an application is rejected.

Just follow the instructions and complete the requirements listed in Helsedirektoratet this is the new page  i assume since when you try to go to sak.no it redirects to this new page.

My advice is if you have the opportunity to talk to a rådgiver/councilor in your EVO (you can ask your norskurs teacher if they do have one) go and to to them as they have experiences with immigrants regarding this matter.

As for those planning to apply while outside Norway please don't ask me as i honestly don't have an experience with that. I applied while i am already in Norway-

And for other filipinos that will read this post i'm sure some would ask "are my documents red ribboned?" my answer is "no. not any one of my documents are red ribboned. And i had my copies certified by the councilor in the kommune/evo"

Lastly my application took only 2 1/2 months until i received the result.

Like i always say please please please read the website of Helsedirektoratet first especially now that they have a new way of processing applications which means it may be different from what i have experienced. I hope this helps :)

Thank you very much,,,